Bottled our first two batches today

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farfalla

Junior
Reaction score
Hi George and all,
Farfalla Wines (Cathy and Ray Wright) bottled our first 2 batches of wines today. We started with a Valpolicella (Ray's pizza wine) and a Sauvignon Blanc (one of my favorites). They both did very well. The Sauvignon Blanc is crystal clear. We had enough left over after 30 bottles of Ray's wine for 2 glasses. We can hardly wait until they've aged another 3 months to reach a starting drinkability. We already have 2 others in carboys and several kits to start including an Amarone we received from George today. Thanks to George and all of you who post regularly with hints and suggestions.....we read them all.
Looking forward to Winestock! Cathy and Ray

Congratulations!
smiley20.gif

Now the wait to age ......

What's the next wine...

Our next wines in carboys now are a Millennium Sparkling Wine and Cellar Craft Meritage. We will be racking both this next week. We have a Merlot and Chablis that we are looking forward to making for a party next spring. But will have to wait until after spring break in a couple of weeks to put in the fermentors.

bump on this one, I was toying with the idea of making a persimmon wine sparkling (have a few champagne bottles and plenty of persimmon wine to play with), but I don't know how much sugar to add per bottle, don't want any explosions! I'm assuming after a good amount of time has passed in the carboy, most (if not all?) of the initial yeast is dead. I'd plan on sprinkling in a little fresh yeast, any reason to add the nutrient or anything else to it?

Latest posts

Back