Blueberry Pomegranite

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made both blueberry pom, and cherry pom. I gave my case away of the cherry pom. I didn't like it. However I'm preparing to start a second batch of blueberry pom. After being bottled for about 4 months its coming in its own.

I made both blueberry pom, and cherry pom. I gave my case away of the cherry pom. I didn't like it. However I'm preparing to start a second batch of blueberry pom. After being bottled for about 4 months its coming in its own.
I too have made Blueberry pomegranate. And even tho I filtered it (Vinbrite filter), and then bottled, in two months I had sediment.
Did you have this problem??? If not, did you do anything different?????

Starting another batch of this on Friday. Picked up 24 cans of concentrate this afternoon at the store. Will shoot for a 5 gallon batch with 20 cans and see where that takes me. Looking forward to it. Will post recipe when complete.

Have some of this going as well. I have also tried Apple/Raspberry which is still a little young but just fair. I've also made Cranberry(have 18 gallons more at various stages) which was very drinkable at 6 months, it's now over a year and IMO for what it is, it's fabulous.

FWIW, I've been using 20 cans frozen concentrate/6 gallons of wine.

Have some of this going as well. I have also tried Apple/Raspberry which is still a little young but just fair. I've also made Cranberry(have 18 gallons more at various stages) which was very drinkable at 6 months, it's now over a year and IMO for what it is, it's fabulous.

FWIW, I've been using 20 cans frozen concentrate/6 gallons of wine.

That works. I was figuring on a 5 1/2 gallon batch. May just go with a 6 gallon with the 20 cans as you said. I believe the ratio would work out about the same as I did in the original batch from this post.

Checked on the juice this am, nice layer of foam on top of the must. Im off to a nice active fermentation. I used 21 cans of concentrate, added 2500 grams of sugar, 3/4 tsp tannin, nutrient and energizer. Pitched the yeast starter last night. Yeast used was 1122. Starting sg q
Was 1090

Temps are on the chilly side in the cellar so this should be a nice slow fermentation.

Just bottled some BBPOM, I made 6.5 gallons from Old Orchard 100% juice bottles (64oz), did not have any concentrate. I let it bulk age in glass for about 4 months, it is still a little tart, but I love dry wine so I did not back sweeten at all. I had a split left over and stuck it in the fridge for an hour and just drank it chilled... HOLY COW!! What a great up front pomegranate taste and finished sweeter than I thought it would. I imagine that after 3-4 months the fruit taste will come out even more. It was really clear in the carboy, and I filtered through Vinbrite, did not clog at all and ran the whole thing in 45 mins. This is going to be my summer sipper!!

Transferred this to a 6 gallon carboy this afternoon. Smells and tasted wonderful already. Can't wait til it ready for back sweetening. This is one of the wines we usually make as a summer drinker.

I can find Old Orchard but not blueberry/pom in my area. Time to talk to the store manager about ordering, I reckon.

I can find Old Orchard but not blueberry/pom in my area. Time to talk to the store manager about ordering, I reckon.

Yeah I would.... Live in one of the smallest towns in kansas and our local grocery has it

Yeah I would.... Live in one of the smallest towns in kansas and our local grocery has it
It's hard to find here as well. None of the Super Walmarts carry it or the larger chain grocery stores. The smallest store in town does once in awhile.

Can you guys get the Blue/Pom in the juice section instead of frozen? I have used that and the wine has come out very well. Don't add any water, just buy enough juice for whatever size you want to make.

Can you guys get the Blue/Pom in the juice section instead of frozen? I have used that and the wine has come out very well. Don't add any water, just buy enough juice for whatever size you want to make.

The only shelf stable BluePom that I can now find is OceanSpray cocktail. Did use some as a base and simply added additional frozen wild blueberries to the must(4#/gal) and 1/2# light DME per gallon. Looking good so far, bulk aging.

Last edited:
The only shelf stable BluePom that I can now find is OceanSpray cocktail. Did use some as a base and simply added additional frozen wild blueberries to the must(4#/gal) and 1/2# light DME per gallon. Looking good so far, bulk aging.

Old Orchard has a shelf stable 100% juice as well as a frozen concentrate. Our local grocery store carries both.

MY first Blue/Pom I made, I made with Old Orchard Blueberry/Pomegrante juice. It was on sale at my local grocery store andI thought "yes, this is going to make a good wine." I use 10 64 oz bottles, 8 c suagar (brought sg up to 1.080), 2 1/2 tsp of pectic enzyme, 5 tsp of nutrient, made a yeast starter using lavlin 71b 1122, fermented dry to .994, stabilized, backsweetened to 1.024 and TA was .75%.

It didn't last long it was so good.

Has anyone who has used the frozen concentrate used more frzn concentrate cooked down and used as an F-Pack? If so, would you care to share your procedure?

I backsweeten with concentrate, just stabilzie your wine and add the concentrate. Keep checking your hydrometer readings to make sure you don't over sweeten, also, taste it.

There is no need to boil down a concentrate, it is already concentrated.

Last year using almost 5 cans per gallon I didn't have to add any for an fpac. Sweetening with sugar did the trick. This year I made a 6 gallon batch and used 22 cans. I'll likely add 1-2 cans as an fpac then back sweeten as needed. Which reminds me, I need to rack this over the weekend.

Latest posts

Back