Blueberry Pomegranite

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I may have the reading SG off, since I am not near my notes.
But it read 22% or ridiculously high, so I diluted it a bit.

I was following a receipe for 6 gallons, which I reduced to 1 gallon. This was my 1st non kit batch, so it was a learning experience.
not to mention my conversion and math may have been shakey!!!

Take a reading before adding any sugar,then only add enough to bring sg to 1.080. Rule of thumb - 1 cup of sugar will raise sg .018 per gallon.

I am having a hard time understanding on your last batch you added 1.5 lb of sugar and brought the sg to 1.080 and potential ABV of 22%??????? A reading of 1.080 should give you ABV of approximately 11%.

I added too much sugar and my initial SG was 1.170.

I added water to dilute it and got it down to 1.130. I had some hot peppers in there. So since it was going to be spicey I just went with it, did not think that a little extra sugar would do much harm!

I decided to start a Blueberry pomegranite today since I had the frozen concentrate and the emply 3 gallon carboy at the present time.

Here we go for a 4 gallon recipe (hoping for 3 1/2 when all done).

15 cans Old Orchard Blueberry Pomegranite concentrate.
1 cup of sugar (1.084)
Table spoon nutrient
15 drops pectic enzyme

All added and resting comfortably in the cellar. Will ad 1122 yeast tomorrow morning. Will adjust acid post fermentation to around .75%.

I am going to start a 1 gallon batch of this tonight.

My questions
1) did you add a camden tab or K-meta before you started?

2) Tannin?

3) did you add any oak during secondary or bulk ageing??

Last edited:
I am going to start a 1 gallon batch of this tonight.

My questions
1) did you add a camden tab or K-meta before you started?

2) Tannin?

3) did you add any oak during secondary or bulk ageing??

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, I didn't see your questions over the weekend.

No kmeta up front with this batch. I did add 1 tsp of tannin and I did not add any oak although that sounds interesting and I may have to try that for the next batch.

I'm shooting for bottling this coming weekend.

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, I didn't see your questions over the weekend.

No kmeta up front with this batch. I did add 1 tsp of tannin and I did not add any oak although that sounds interesting and I may have to try that for the next batch.

I'm shooting for bottling this coming weekend.

I actually added a K-meta tab in this batch. This is something I have got in the habit of doing.
I put the yeast in on sat and I have action as of today, so the K-meta has not hurt the process.
I may hold off on oak for this batch!

Latest posts

Back