BLUE MOON

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorthernWinos

Reaction score
Perfectly still, warm summer night, frogs croaking, crickets chipping, fire flies flashing and a Blue Moon shinning through the leaves, It doesn't get any better than this.

BlueMoonSmall.jpg
Edited by: Northern Winos

It was beautiful...sitting with friends...listening to the sounds of summer, fire flies...and of course a glass of wine in hand....

Guess a night like that really is Once in a Blue Moon...won't have another Blue Moon for many months.

How about a full Moon over the night time NYC sky Line. Just got back from a very nice week in Manhattan, had a great time. Here's one from on top of the Empire State Building:

20070601_150230_100_2369_resize.jpg
Edited by: jobe05

Beauty is everywhere you look...if you open your eyes...Nice...thanks for sharing the Big City with us.

I never thought I would like NYC, but after visiting, I find it a very fascinating place to be (visit). When you think of every class of individual life style living in harmony, from the poor, to the billionaire, living side by side. I always envisioned or thought that the City was not a safe place to be, specially at night, I found out quite the contrary. Even in what would seem to be the seediest parts of town, we would walk the streets in the dark of the night and feel safe. I was rather impressed with what we experienced in NYC.

My wife and I are already planning out next trip where we wish to stay in the upper west side. We love that side of town. It is the more literary area of NY with many Museums (including some on the east side) and With Central Park and Riverside Park we have enough greenery to feel at home.

Wade: I read in another post somewhere that you were taking the kids to the Bronx Zoo. My wife wanted to go to the Bronx Zoo over the weekend but was voted down by the rest of us........ Had I'd known.... We could have met there.Edited by: jobe05

When I lived in TorontoI use to go to New York City for the weekend once in awhile...that was fun.....Boy...that was a whole other life
smiley29.gif
....I didn't just fall off a load of punkins....but....I sure enjoy the country more now...age I guess.

Jobe, I was in NY 2 times over the weekend, 2 totally different
extremes. Sunday I was up in Clinton which is a real nice place( very
suburban, then Monday was the Bronx. I must say that I was not
impressed with the zoo. It was overcrowded and Im not good in those
conditions. Im usually a very nice person and a push over but ignorant
people can easily push me over the edge, ( ex. when people form a line
side by side and block the way and just care hat others can not get
by). Stuff like that infuriates me. You will never see me in a mall
around Christmas time. I guess Im a country boy and just dont want to
deal with these kind of people. I like to drive through the country and
be able to look around with out wondering if the 70 cars around me are
going to cut me off.