Biggest Red!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pracz

Reaction score
Hi All -

I have one more kit I would like to make this spring. It needs to be the biggest, baddest, red kit available. I really like Shiraz/Syrah, Zin, and Cab Sauv. I have been reading all the posts here as well as the descriptions for the kits and need some opinions. I am leaning toward one of the following and can't decide:

1) Cellar Craft Showcase Collection Australian Shiraz (does this come with a crushed grape pack?).

2) Cellar Craft Showcase Collection Yakima Valley Syrah.

3) Cellar Craft Showcase Collection Red Mountain Cabernet.

4) RJS Winery Series Syrah

5) RJS Winery Series Zin (I would also pick the CC Showcase Zin but it is temporarily unavailable).

6) Last, but not least, the MM All Juice Masters Edition Australian Shiraz.

Yes, I know...That is quite a list from which to choose. However, I just want something bold, full-body, chewy, peppery...and thought I would check with the experts out there. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Pete

I dont think the RJS Zin is one of the biggest. That Cab in that series is probably bigger then the Syrah or the Zin. I havent made any of the Cellar Craft so cant comment on them.

My vote is for the CC Red Mountain Cabernet.
smiley20.gif

You can't go wrong with any of the CC Showcase Reds as they all (including the Shiraz) come with grape packs that will make your batch big and chewy.

If you like peppery then either the Lodi OVZ or the Shiraz should hit the mark quite nicely.

The biggest baddest red that I can think of is the Cellar Craft Showcase Collection Amarone. I don't think there is a bigger, thicker, richer wine kit out there. Caution in that it needs at least 2 years of ageing!

Latest posts

Back