Best Argentinian Malbec Kit available

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StiffShaft

Junior
Reaction score
I've Seen alot on Cellar Craft Showcase, but it sounds as if that has been done for awhile. What do you think is the best Malbec for 23L?

I've Seen alot on Cellar Craft Showcase, but it sounds as if that has been done for awhile. What do you think is the best Malbec for 23L?
Mosti Meglioli Chilean Malbec, if you can find it, and have the patience to let it age at least 3 years.

Next would be RJS En Primeur Chilean Malbec. This one is drinkable around 1.5 years, but gets much better with time.

Just a suggestion, but if you have access to juice buckets where you live, you can make an excellent Malbec with Chilean juice in the Spring. I have done this a number of times and I add a lug of crushed Malbec grapes to the primary fermenter.

The CC malbac is amazing to be honest with you, its aging right now and im glad i did it before they killed off the old lineup. Its an excellent example of Argentina's finest, better than your typical Alamos and Trapiche run of the mill. Alot of the most popular past kit lineups though are carried into their new line just with different names. They do have a malbac but its only in their estate series, so it doesn't have skins...i will probably end up trying it at some point though.

we made the RJS En Primeur Malbec about 15 months ago and recently sampled a bottle. It is really good imo, and I am exited to hear it will get a lot better. I had some other wine drinkers over and they were very impressed as well. I leave my reds for 18 months before I drink other than samples.

Mosti Meglioli Chilean Malbec, if you can find it, and have the patience to let it age at least 3 years.

Next would be RJS En Primeur Chilean Malbec. This one is drinkable around 1.5 years, but gets much better with time.

I have been somewhat disappointed with most kits I've made so far, but I opened an En Primeur Chilean Malbec tonight and impressed the wife. It's 15 months in and actually tastes like a wine I would pay decent money for. I did a one month EM on this one but have no baseline to compare to. It's just good. Ordering again!

I have been somewhat disappointed with most kits I've made so far, but I opened an En Primeur Chilean Malbec tonight and impressed the wife. It's 15 months in and actually tastes like a wine I would pay decent money for. I did a one month EM on this one but have no baseline to compare to. It's just good. Ordering again!
En Primeur is a good line. I've done their Cab Sauv, Trio Red, 2 different styles of Amarone, Tuscan, and Trio White with Carmenere still in the carboy. All are very good IMO, some needing more age than others. Glad you're enjoying your Merlot!

I made the Master Vintner Reserve Malbec kit last summer - no skins in it. It turned out very good - per feedback from others. Included 6month bulk aging on 1 med toast American Oak spiral & min 2months bottle aging before 1st cork popped.

I plan to make one of the higher end kits that include skins at some point.

Cheers!

Going with the RJS Cru International Chilean Malbec for next one...15% off at Northern Brewer plus free shipping.

After that will tackle the RJS En Primeur :) -- probably in the Fall.

Cheers!

Going with the RJS Cru International Chilean Malbec for next one...15% off at Northern Brewer plus free shipping.

After that will tackle the RJS En Primeur :) -- probably in the Fall.

Cheers!
Prep day for this batch...

Comes with dried skins/seeds pack plus both American & French med toast chips -- both of which are going in during fermentation. Swapping out the provided EC1118 for RC212 & made a starter with GoFerm...

Starter gets pitched tomorrow ✌

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back