basic rack

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dominick

Reaction score
photo-4-1.jpg

My 1st Wine Rack
smiley16.gif
haha..
smiley2.gif

Looks good to me....
smiley20.gif

You need more wine to fill it....or.... more bottles on the bottom to distribute the weight....I am a real worry-wart about stuff falling over...

You will have it filled in no time. I thought that a rack that held 200 bottles would be more than I needed. I am already planing to build my second rack.

//me goes to the cellar to put some bottles on the bottom.
smiley20.gif

i tied the rack to the wall with rope this way it dont tip over,
but i wanted to put the top row of wine on the bottom..Edited by: Dominick

It will fill up fast believe me. I have a little over 700 i think now in my room and had to give away some of the 1's I really wasnt fond of to make room for my next bottling. After that Im not sure what Im going to do with them. I think its time to build another rack but no more walls to mount them on. I guess it will have to be a free standing unit in the middle but it will be tight in there. Its time to dig downwards!
smiley36.gif

700! nice! -

i might do something with cellar eventually..
i really like the tabletop wine racks or 25gallon hungarian oak barrels.
Just let the stuff age for years, if u ever need a bottle take it from the spigot.
smiley20.gif
Edited by: Dominick

You wont want to take it from the barrel as you want to keep it topped off just like a carboy and wine evaporates out of barrels so you have to keep an eye on it. Also, unless you get a neutral barrel you wont want to keep wine in at that long as you will over oak it.

Nice lookin rack Dominick. What wines do you have in it right now and whats coming up?

"
Nice lookin rack Dominick." Me thinks Waldo is finally comin out of the closet!
smiley36.gif

bought something very similar to that atIKEA,very practical..................actually have to 110 bottle racks ..........

Waldo:

The Nero d'Avola is on the rack now aging, there is Lambrusco fermenting and Barolo on its way.

Latest posts

Back