RJ Spagnols Banana Pineaplle Voigner

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pawinedude follow what Wade says about that Banana/Pineapple, do not leave it in the bucket or you could loose the whole batch!

I have that kit as well and also bottled in June/July, (forget without my records), but I agree with the rest.... taste is pretty good out of the carboy, but I added extra K-meta to mine right before bottling, so I let it rest in the bottle for a few months, and it seems to be as good now as it was when I bottled.
I have noticed that most of the "Ready to drink immediately" wines taste better a month or so after bottling (Bottle Shock), but this one seems to be an exception as I can tell much difference even after a few months..... but my friends still enjoy it.
I believe it was a bigger hit when temps were in the 80's versus now when the temps are in the 40's, it is a lighter wine cooler style and just seems to be better enjoyed outside in the evening around a campfire with lots of good friends... IMO
smiley2.gif

OOPS! sorry Pawinedude.... welcome to the forum & hobby.
smiley4.gif

where are you in Pa.?

East of Lancaster, Pa.

The Johnstown or one of the other ones.... Cambria, Lebanon, or Union County?

Yup, I know that one...
My Daughter went to school in Lock Haven and we travel to the Happy Valley Area twice a year with my father for fishing trips Little north of ya, but still near by. He's big with his model trains so we usually end up in the Altoona area as well. His parents were from State college and Chambersburg.... so I guess you could say I know about where ya are.

Again welcome to the wine hobby, best wishes.

My wife and I love wine....we have visited several wine regions in the U.S. and Europe. We recently returned from Oregon (Pinot Country)....So far, wine making has been both educational and fun. Thanks for the kind words..

Back