Bag Decapper

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

earl

Reaction score
I used my new bag Decapper from George last night. I am making the Passport series Pinot Grigio.

What a lifesaver!! No more fooling with trying to get the cap off and not spilling all over the place. I couldn't believe howeasy the cap came off. I also used a carboy handle for the first time. What a piece of cake.Right tools for the job, makes all the difference.

earl

The carboy handles are easy to get hold of, but after putting one on, I haven't added any more. The problem I have with them is that they interfere with the racking cane holder(bucket clip)and make it tip at an odd angle. If someone could come up with hardware to hold the handle that was thin instead of round,-like a piece of strapping, that would solve the problem.
smiley2.gif

Can some one link the "Decapper" tool. I started my first batch of wine last night, and while I didn't spill any, I spent a whole lot more time opening the bag than I expected.

Getting ready to bottle the Pinot. I do not think it will last long
smiley14.gif

earl

The handle is a help but I don't trust it to lift a full carboy....support it on the bottom. I think this topic is on here somewhere. I think you are talking about the orange ones?

Ramona

I used to cut the caps off with my razor knife and how I never cut
myself I don't know, but the bag de-capper is SO easy it's unreal!!

Back