Bad Backs?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Martin Benke can be reached at L & M General Store, 7800 FM 471 South, Castroville,
Texas 78009, (210) 854-2178 or at home at (830) 538-6492. Dont know the price but it says he can ship in states for under $30.

20070114_135934_CarboyLifter6.jpg

This is the carboy lifter off Jack Kellers site as Pkil so graciously
told us to look at. I will call about this on Tues. to see how much.
Thanks for sharing Phil.

Gee...there is a lot of weight at the top, sloshing aroound....and...not much weight at the bottom to stabilize it....I wouldn't trust it by myself...
smiley3.gif

sheetmetal workers have been useing this designed lift for years. they lift their duckwork with them ,the base is very stable..phil

The trick is to leave the carboy in the down position while moving, and raise it when you are at the bench. I have a similar wheeled base (made from 2x4's) for my drill press, where most of the weight is 6' up. It's still stable enough to move the drill press around the garage without tipping.

Jack Keller has one and said his wife even uses it and he says that he rarely endorses products but backs this 100%.

Hey wade any price yet.?
<DIV SuperAdBlocker_DIV_Elements="0" SuperAdBlocker_OnMove_Hooked="0" SuperAdBlocker__Hooked="0" SuperAdBlocker_DIV_FirstLook="0">Bill

Yea I know. Does look interesting though.
<DIV SuperAdBlocker_DIV_Elements="0" SuperAdBlocker_OnMove_Hooked="0" SuperAdBlocker__Hooked="0" SuperAdBlocker_DIV_FirstLook="0">Bill

Day off? What is that? Mark and I are still working tonight just trying to catch up. We don't want to disappoint our wonderful customers by not getting their orders out promptly.

I'll be taking my first vacation in 7 years this April. 1 week off paid, yea!

Okay I called the place on Jack Kellers website about the carboy lifter
and got voicemail. But I googled a little bit and found testimony of
someone else who bought one from him ans said it costed about $190 + sh
which totalled $225.00. I am not paying that for that thing. I will go
with the cart from northern tool in a couple of months.

Latest posts

Back