Bad Backs?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
I am going to get this in a few months when financial ly better. It
sells for $279 and they have many different ones. One goes for $99 but
only goes 28 1/2"". This goes from 10 1/2" to 35 1/2" which is a little over
counter top height and makes it perfect and is rated for 660 lbs. It is
foot pedal hydraulic operated.

20070107_184646_Northern_Tool_T.gif

Edited by: wade

I don't have a bad back, just a small build....I am thinking about getting some 3 gallon carboys...those I think I can handle.....then I wouldn't have to wait for help to do my winemaking chores...

Guess when I get old[er] and feeble I will use those gallon jugs that are out in the shed....
smiley4.gif

That is a pretty good idea. I usually wait until I get some help with 5 and 6-gallon carboys. My back and other parts appreciate it.
smiley36.gif

I like that thought too! I usually have trouble carrying every thing from either the back wine room to the kitchen or vise versa. One day I placed the 6 gallon carboy on a blanket and slowly dragged it through the house to the kitchen. There I waited for my husband to help me put it on the counter top so I wouldn't drop it.

man that table is cool. much better than my TV table that I use and you saw in my pictures! All it takes is money!

One of them is $99 and all you would have to do is build a little
higher level to bring it up to counter height so there would be no
lifting or dropping it down.

Wade, I have been looking at those tables too, had back surgeryfour years ago. I think the $99 one would do me fine, it has a 600lb. capacity. I plan on using concrete blocks on the floor with wood on top so that the lowered height would be the same. Instead of putting the carboys on the countertop, I could just raise them up and rack into another carboy at the lower level.
DaveEdited by: DaveB50

I bulged 2 discs lifting a stair about 7 months ago and everytime
I lift a carboy up from racking it really sets me back a few days from
feeking 1/2 way decent.

Where warriors go to battle. They opened several here and I just found a reason to go!

Is that there slogan George? Are you picking one up for the store. They have some that lift even higher for higher shelves too!

Wade,

That is a great contraption to have. I, like you have 3 buldging disks and can manage the 3 gallon carboys then depend on Curtis for the others but sometimes he just isn't around. If I had a house I would definitely consider one.

The people on this forum are so resourceful
smiley32.gif

I think a lift is a good idea for those who want one. How about this idea. Rather than mount this in a truck, mount it on your work bench. Then you could put carboys on rolling boards and roll them around. To raise carboys, just hook them up, swing them on over. this could lift 3-6 people easy.

20070113_120152_benchlift.gif

Cost is $129 (by the way, on sale now for 99 near me at harbor freight)

Then use this for $13
20070113_120740_minidolly.gif

Just throwing out some ideas....
smiley5.gif

Wade I've been looking at this lift for over a year. like you I know it will work and Im usually not too concerned about price. however I think 279.00 is a bit pricey. I keep saying m going to build one as I I did for my ATV. But Im going to wait a bit longer to see if the price will come down. Also the one I looked at had a rubber mat on top. This would be a must.
<DIV SuperAdBlocker_DIV_Elements="0" SuperAdBlocker_OnMove_Hooked="0" SuperAdBlocker__Hooked="0" SuperAdBlocker_DIV_FirstLook="0">Bill

Yea, I looked at it also. The 279.00 model Is built good the only weak link is the cable for the hydraulic line. I would have liked to see a better or should I say a more quality constructed set up. This is just my thing. Ill end up buying one anyway and modify it myself.
<DIV SuperAdBlocker_DIV_Elements="0" SuperAdBlocker_OnMove_Hooked="0" SuperAdBlocker__Hooked="0" SuperAdBlocker_DIV_FirstLook="0">Bill

They are rated for 660 lbs. How much weight do you plan on putting on
here that you would need to worry about stress? I just want to bring
down and lift up 1b carboy! I dont think anyone would have to worry
about that.

My Mistake. The lift is plenty strong Its the linkage to tighten and loosen the htdraulic cylinder for lifting and letting down. Its ok but I can see a problem that could develop over time. Looks like they used a motercycle cable. Ill go back to Northern and look at it again. Otherwise its not a bad unit. I, like you,said this is just what I need.

folks you may want to look at the lift on jack kellers bog dated 3-17-05 best one Ive seen hope this helps. phil

Latest posts

Back