Availability

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GaDawg

Reaction score
Anyone have trouble getting kits because of the pandemic?

I imagine - but I may be very wrong - that the concentrated juices that make up the kits were all prepared long before the pandemic so unlike manufacturing plants that are turning out widgets "today" for distribution tomorrow, the fruit was harvested last year and pressed then too. So I would not really expect there to be any fundamental problem with supply unless the warehouses that stock the kits are closed or are working with fewer staff to ensure good public health practices.

It's not a shipping thing from warehouse to consumer. UPS and Fed Ex are delivering on time. Limited inventory at the retail level, combined with lack of sales and/or promotions from those retailers, tells you they're having no problem unloading the inventory they have, but having difficulty restocking new inventory. Still waiting for RQ4 & RQ5 which were supposed to be delivered by late April, early May at the latest. Canadian customers received them when scheduled, the problem seems to be the imaginary line between the US and Canada.

I ordered a RJ Spagnols Cru Select Gewurztraminer from that nameless place in Florida a couple of weeks ago and according to the web sight it hasn’t shipped. I only make one kit at a time, and an empty fermenter makes me nervous!

Since March I have placed 3 orders for 4 kits.. 2 orders from Label Peelers arrived in 3 days (I only live about 2 hours away) and the other order from Amazon came in 2 days.. So far no delays for me!

my lbs in Canada has been placing orders weeekly, an delivering promptly so and delay is not in the manufacturing side.

I wonder how long some of the kits we've been waiting for have been cooking in containers or warehouses waiting to cross the border. Can't be any kind of good for the juice.

Back