Arrowhead Wine Cellars

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ffemt128

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was at the PA Wine and Spirits store today to pick up Margarita mix and Tequilla for my (hopefully) futre DIL. I happened to notice on an almost empty shelf a display of ArrowHead Wine Cellars Niagra. Had to pick up a magnum of it since I think this is new to PA wine and spirits. Good stuff, almost gone.

I have had their Fredonia, a friend of mine's parents-in-law have a camp up around North East, their wines are pretty good.

I bought my cherry juice from them this summer. Rodo and I toured their winery this past Fall. Pretty cool place. Doug if you like Niagara so much you should come up and get some juice. At less than 4.50 a gallon it would be worth the trip. I just blended the last 20 gallons of mine today and will probably bottle in the next few weeks. I have blended it with Cayuga, Diamond and Concord this Year. Last year I blended it with Cranberry.

Doug, if you are looking for more variety of their wines, Soergel's in Wexford has an Arrowhead wine store that does tastings. The wife really loves their Ambrosia.
-Dave

Runningwolf- I have 5 gallons of Niagara and 5 gallons of Concord from juice aging. I haven't thought about mixing but I may do it to a bottle or two. Is it pretty good mixed?

This is an excellent blend and many wineries do it under different names. I found this year 50/50 is great. You may want to try it a week before bottling as you may realize you'll want to blend a couple gallons each of these. I like to make my blends at least a few days before bottling.
I was also going to blend Diamond and concord 50/50 but found 70% concord & 30% Diamond was much better.

Latest posts

Back