Apple Juice

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure what you mean but a gallon is 128 oz

A gallon is 128 oz. Your secondary should be a little larger than the amount of liquid it is expected to hold. If not you may have wine coming up through the airlock. Some head space is ok while fermentation is going on.
LOUMIK

A gallon is 128 oz. Your secondary should be a little larger than the amount of liquid it is expected to hold. If not you may have wine coming up through the airlock. Some head space is ok while fermentation is going on.
LOUMIK

hmmmm Not sure I agree. I would argue that you want some good head room in the primary fermenter but for the secondary you really want there to be virtually no head room at all. By the time you rack from the primary to the secondary almost all the vigorous fermentation is over. You might find some bubbles forming on the surface of the wine but no foam and froth.

A 96 oz jug is a 3 quart jug. One thing I hate about food manufacturers these days, instead of raising the price of juice, they reduce the size of the packaging. You used to be able to get gallon jugs of grape juice, but all I see are 2 quart jugs or 3 quart jugs any more.

A 96 oz jug is a 3 quart jug. One thing I hate about food manufacturers these days, instead of raising the price of juice, they reduce the size of the packaging. You used to be able to get gallon jugs of grape juice, but all I see are 2 quart jugs or 3 quart jugs any more.

... and they're plastic.

I don't care about plastic since I've got plenty of glass gallon jugs, but I hate that they keep shrinking the size of the package in hopes consumers won't notice.

Latest posts

Back