APPLE/JALAPENO WINE....started/recipe..

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20081122_183826_AppleJalapeno_0.jpg

I bottled a gal of the three gal batch that we are wanting to give out to friends. Gotta say it really has a bite!
smiley36.gif
Labeled it Jalapeno, didnt want to have to explain its N.M. green chili. This may actually be a keeper! Good idea NW!

Jwhelan939 said:
I love the sound of this wine. What kind of apples did you use? I have no Idea how to steam. Maybe I'll try and find a recipe that I can cube them with Pectin.

Sorry, I forgot to give the apple variety...They were Harlson Red...a tart fall apple...Plus I added some frozen apple concentrate to boost the apple flavor.

I saw a interesting item that Luc Volders wrote...[He is a fellow from Holland who does a wine blog with is wine making experiments]

Here he found that freezing whole apples produced the most juices...
Check it out....Scroll to the bottom of the page for the English translation...

http://wijnmaker.blogspot.com/search?q=freezing+apples

He does really interesting things with fruits for wine....He will answer any questions you have too.

JW....that wine is nice and clear....Hope mine turns out as brilliant.

I tastes some yesterday and think that the Jalapeño flavor is becoming more pronounced...Not HOT...just flavorful. Will be interesting to see if the Jalapeño flavor keeps getting stronger.

Maybe next batch will be more apple concentrate and less peppers....Oh my.....too many options.

SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT PARRING,GOOD COLOR HOW DOES IT TASTE /WHATS THE DOMINANT FLAVOR?????????????????

jlwineSmall-1.jpg

This wine has cleared nicely and the flavor is becoming a bit more Jalapeño each time I sample it....Been doing alot of sampling of this one.....
smiley2.gif

Hope the photo shows up...I am trying different ways of UpLoading photos and doing some testing....

Wow those look very nice. My pepper meads have cleared nicely as well but I have yet to taste them.
VPC

vcasey.....Taste them.....
smiley4.gif

This one tastes of the Jalapeño, yet you can taste the apple....
It isn't HOT</font> [or very hot] just has the Jalapeño flavor, which seems to be coming through more.....But, my 'tastes' [samples] are getting bigger....
smiley4.gif

Northern Winos said:
vcasey.....Taste them.....
smiley4.gif

Next time I rack them I'll taste a bit. But I'm not planning on racking them until after the new year. The one I'm really interested in is the Chocolate Cayenne and that has just started showing signs of clearing. No, I have not tasted that one either!
VPC

Chocolate and pepper......Now you might really have something going there...will you call it Mole after the Mexican Chocolate sauce....?

Thats a thought. But the pepper meads are being called "Lost Lizard" in honor of all those lizards who hitched a ride on our plants and stayed inside when we brought the plants in for TS Fay.
VPC

This Apple/Jalapeño Wine is looking really nice....

jalSmall.jpg

On Thanksgiving a friend drank a half glass of it....Noticed later he was sweating pretty good....
Think this is going to be a 'Sipping Wine'.....
smiley4.gif

Edited by: Northern Winos

Trying to clean up the kitchen and put some toys away....

So, we bottled up the Apple/Jalapeño Wine...
It was nice ans clear and want to give some bottles away....
smiley4.gif

applejalSmall-3.jpg
JALBOTTLEDSmall.jpg

This is a very interesting wine.....

Back