RJ Spagnols Anyone tried the RJS Cellar Classic

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are a few quotes from previous posts by George:

"There is a reason why I sell Winexpert. Actually, there are a lot of reasons why I sell Winexpert! Quality, quality, quality from the kit to the packaging to the instructions. Winexpert is the best!"

"Cellar Craft, Spagnols and others make some nice products and I have considered adding some of them to my product line. I have chosen not to carry other brands for the following reasons:

1. Consistency of the product from batch to batch and year to year.

2. Quality of the packaging. I ship a lot of kits and I need to have a kit show up in good shape. I have significantly higher failure rates with non-WE kits. I lose about 1 out of 500 with WE and 1 out of 50 with all other brands.

3. Age of the kits. The WE kits are always fresh when I receive them. Some of the other brands have shown up expired.

As I said, there are some very nice competing kits out there, but from my perspetive as a retailer, I have to choose products on which I can depend time after time after time. With WE, I can! Until the other brands catch up with WE, I will most likely only carry Winexpert products."

I guess they just have to remember to put all the packets and instructions in the boxes!

masta said:
Here are a few quotes from previous posts by George:

2. Quality of the
packaging. I ship a lot of kits and I need to have a kit show up
in good shape. I have significantly higher failure rates with
non-WE kits. I lose about 1 out of 500 with WE and 1 out of 50
with all other brands.</font>

The RJS kit I got in December was leaking a little bit when it
arrived. It was dropped shipped from Crosby &amp; Baker in Salt
Lake. It seemed to be packeged well. I think UPS must have
dropped it.

Part of the problem with shipping wine kits is that were not designed for that. I believe there are some 5000 home brew stores in Canada so everyone picks them up at their local shop. The manufacturers like WE and RJS have recognized this issue in the USA with shipping and have been trying to make changes to help.

This is why you get enough peanuts in your shipping box from George to cover the living room floor to help protect against damage.

send me your peanuts. I use them to ship items I sold on ebay.
smiley4.gif

Latest posts

Back