WineXpert Anyone Ever Make Grand Cru Petite Sirah??

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnnyK68

Reaction score
My brother came to Christmas dinner with a couple bottles of Earthquake Petite Sirah. By far the best wine that I personaly have ever tried. So when I was in my LHBS and saw this kit (I was there for beer supplies) I couldnt pass it up. Just wondering if anyone here ever tried it. This is my first but definatley not my last (When I bought the kit, I bought new equipment just for wine) wine kit. Thanks. Edited by: JohnnyK68

Wish I could help but I just tried my first Petite Shiraz last week from the local liquor store. But please keep us informed on your progress with this kit.

I will definatley keep you informed. All thats going on now is a pretty active fermentation.

I did this kit a couple of years ago (one of my first). We liked it so much, we bought another. I really like this varietal, it has a great fruit-forward taste and dosn't need much aging. We back sweetened our second kit just a bit (1/4 cup of sugar to the 6 gallon batch) and called it Sweet Petite. Even those that HATE dry red wines thought it was great. Our friends still ask about it.
I have not seen this varietal in a 16 liter kit. I would love to find one. Anyone know of a one? (George?)

Why did this wine peek your intrest so much? What about it was special? Was it smoothe? Harsh? The reason I ask is people have diffrent tastes so your "Awsome Wine" could be someone elses "ok" wine...Just wondering what type of wines you like..
smiley10.gif

Like I had stated in the first post. I just had a really good petite sirah at Christmas (Earthquake- Appleton Winery Lodi Ca)It was really good. Full bodied, very smooth and fruity. "Jammy is really a good word as they use. Not as dry as a cab. I really enjoyed it. I have always liked the reds Cab, Shiraz, and Pinot Noir. But I have to say I liked this Sirah that we had the best out of all of them. So when I saw the kit a few days later in the LHBS I bought it. I wasnt planning on wines, but since I bought and started this one, I started reading more and more, and I have to say I am really getting into it. How about you what do you like?

Latest posts

Back