Anyone Doing Wordle?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, started two months ago. I almost broke my lucky streak today, got it on the last try. Had the last four letters from the second quess...but so many words that end that way. Lots of fun to do with my morning cuppa.

I think most of us are talking about the original version. Originally it was hosted on something called "PowerLanguage" Wordle - A daily word game , but it was purchased by the NY Times and moved to here: Wordle - A daily word game . (The original site redirects to NYT.)

The appeal of the original is at least partly that you can only play it once a day, and everyone is seeing the same word that day.

What are the odds of having all 5 letters, but not a single one in the right place?

Wordle 270 4/6

⬜🟨🟨🟨⬜
🟨🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

That is a hard question! Ignoring whether they are valid words, I think there may be 4! (or 24) possible completely wrong combinations. But I it is possible that I am undercounting...

I swore I'd avoid it, but am now a little addicted.
This thread piqued my interest, so I looked up the game to find out more about it and how it is played. I immediately ruled it out, not because it did not look interesting and challenging, but because I am borderline obsessive-compulsive, and I would waste even more time than I already do on FreeCell (11,769 games played as of this AM and I can't stop!).

They can be a tad challenging at times. I well remember the day the answer was 'rupee'. I doubt that anyone would have got that because it is a foreign name. I like the fact that it is the same answer across the world. So I wake up in New Zealand - and know that you chaps will do the same puzzle several hours latter.

Last edited:
They can be a tad challenging at times. I well remember the day the answer was 'rupee'. I doubt that anyone would have got that because it is a foreign name.

The funny thing is that, for that day, the only words that I could think of that fit were "rupee" and "ruble." I did not think that either of them would be valid, but I couldn't think of anything else. So I chose "rupee" and got lucky.

Back