Any hunters here?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UBB

Reaction score
Few weeks until pheasant opens here. Went out for geese last Sunday. We captured 12 nice Canada's. Made some goose stew for Sunday night supper and it turned out fantastic!

Anyone else?

I've got 2 weeks off for pheasant season in a couple of weeks and then A season for deer a couple weeks after that. Me and my father rifle hunt private land after that. We've got a nice little blind overlooking a valley across town with a stream running down the middle. This is a new thing for me. I just started last year even though I've held my hunting license for years.

Yeah, but most of my hunting now is of the camp variety. We spend most of our time sitting around the camp eating, drinking and reliving past hunts. Occasionally we'll venture out, usually when the camp starts getting a little rank!!

Yeah, but most of my hunting now is of the camp variety. We spend most of our time sitting around the camp eating, drinking and reliving past hunts. Occasionally we'll venture out, usually when the camp starts getting a little rank!!

Ah, Dugger. Can I come along. Don't get much better than that, tell lies, eat, tell lies, drink, and maybe sometime during the weekend spend a bit of time in the woods. Life is good. Arne.

Coming soon: First time in a deer stand since the evil city-parish counselman ran us out of our hunting lease 2 or 3 years ago so his boys could have a place to tear up mud riding their retardly huge 4WD trucks. Life is sweet.

Ah, Dugger. Can I come along. Don't get much better than that, tell lies, eat, tell lies, drink, and maybe sometime during the weekend spend a bit of time in the woods. Life is good. Arne.

Absolutely, you can come along - just find your way to Nova Scotia, drive to Yarmouth, get directions to Quinan and when you get there ask anyone how to get to the "Quinan Hilton", aka Edmond's camp. There's usually some of us there any time in November, but if not, the key's hanging on the 4th tree below the well and there's always a few bottles under the box of magazines!!
You're right, life is good!

MAN! Pheasant! Had some for the first time when visiting tis guy in Georgia (he's a hunter). We wrapped them in bacon, marinated them in red wine, then slow roasted them. GOSH, WHAT A TREAT!

How do you cook yours?

I'm jealous of you all. I love hunting and hunt anything in season, however this season my wife is pregnant and on bed rest so I have to stay home to take care of her and our 3 yr old. Guess I will be brewing all season lol.

I do some pheasant hunting. I enjoy going out with my Brittany Spaniel. She had a batch of pups this Summer; I kept one of the pups, so I'll be working on training the new little guy this Fall. Here's a short video of the pups:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8X_F32Gfl4&feature=plcp"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8X_F32Gfl4&feature=plcp[/ame]

We slow roast all of our game birds on a rotisserie. We baste them in Allegro Game Tame Marinade every 5 minutes or so and they just about fall apart when we pull them off. SOOO juicy!

You guys suck. Now I want some wood duck........

I hunt! I craft wines to go with venison and many of my labels reflect my hunting. For example my Cab Franc is called Crimson Arrow.

Deer season just started here, squirrel has been going for a while , nothing quite like a lil tree rat stew :)

Just started a few years back, no luck yet as I'm still learning...just keep seeing the wrong animal in the wrong season. At least grouse are stupider than my ignorance so I can usually grab some of them while I'm failing at getting an elk.

Bought a new Remington 870 in 1960 when I got out of the Air Force.

Went out and shot a bunch of teal. Went home, cleaned them, and got hives.

Thought maybe God didn't want me to hunt. Still got my nearly new 870, never get rid of a gun.

Now I shoot pop cans with a .22 rifle and a pistol. Like to watch them hop around.

Well you know I will have to chime in on this thread.

I live in the middle of one of the Last Great Wildernesses left on this Earth.

This is my 34th winter coming up. I have killed thousands of animals in all that time, but I can tell you honestly, I have never hunted. I see no sport or excitement in it whatsoever!

I grew up in the "bush". I always had a gun with me. I took what I needed. Each time before I pulled the trigger, I thanked the animal for giving itself to me. Than I thanked God for the blessing.

You know whats wrong? I still carry a gun everywhere I go, but its for a different reason.

Have you ever heard of a hnting dog? Sure. Ever heard of a hunting cat? Nope. Only in Alaska.

I have cats that bring me Snowshoe hares and squirells all the time.

This is my Skittles. She is lightweight, i fear for her in a high wind. I seen out the window as she drug this Hare 40 feet, took her half an hour for sure. No telling ho long it took her to bring it back from the "point of capture" Someone loves me!

Have I ever hunted? No!( I have got my Moose)

Do I have trained hunting cats? YEP

All I have to do now is figure out how to skin out a 2 " shrew! LMFAO
:D

skittles rabbit.jpg

Well, unless those thousands of animals just happen to cross your path and you were not actively seeking them, you were hunting. You may not be hunting for sport but you are hunting for sustenance. I'm 33 and have hunted most of my life and never to take a trophy home. Only to take meat home to provide for my family. Hunting is actively seeking game animals, what your intentions are while hunting is a whole different story.

Just making a friendly definition correction. A crap storm would be a non hunter coming to a hunting thread and telling us all how evil we are.

Please don't misunderstand me. How could I possibly be an Alaskan and have a problem with hunting? I don't, never will. I love NASCAR, but have no desire to do it.

Silly analaogy, but only one I could come up with. LOL

As far as Grizzly bears, hel with hunting, I say just kill them all, hunting or no!! LOL

Latest posts

Back