Another hello from Texas!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

batavia

Junior
Reaction score
After reading the posts for weeks now, I wanted to introduce myself and say "Hi!" to everyone and thanks for all the great info! I had my first brush with winemaking about five years ago, when my hubby started breaking into this hobby,but unfortunately the kits that I tried myself ondidn't turn out that well (newbie mistakes, for sure!). So I've been on hiatus until last year, when it struck me: what the heck, all the equipment isstill around, why not give it another try. I started a WE NZ Sauvignon Blanc kitOctober 2009 whichhas been bottled since mid December (it's reasonable, but maybe not quite there yet). Since then I have starteda WE Lodi Ranch Cab (sitting in a carboy waiting to be bottled in mid February),an Orchard BreezinCitrus Ice in the primary (for early drinking, so I canhopefully keep my paws of the other stuff). I have an RJSWinery Series(?) Valpolicella waiting to be made next... I'm also eyeing the Acai Cab and eventually a Mosti Renaissance Amarone (very intrigued by all the posts that have been made on its behalf). So much wine to be made, so little time!

Welcome to the fold, Batavia! You're hooked already! Congratulations! =)

Welcome to a fellow Texan. What part of the Lone Star State are you in? Glad to have you on board. There is a wealth of information on here!

A bit north of Austin, Cedar Park/Leander area. Yeah, I can't wait to bombard you all with questions!
smiley4.gif

I would like to go see George some time this year; when I realized that the "toy store" was actually located in Texas,my heart skipped a beat....oh joy!
smiley20.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley27.gif

Welcome Batavia,

When you started making wine again, you didn't mess around!!!

I am on my first kit, just finished fermentation yesterday. Wow, have I got a lot to learn!

You are in the right place to learn. These gals and guys are very helpful.

Texas is a great place - I was raised in Amarillo; my Daughter lives in Dallas; and my brother lives in Texas City.

It's a great state, but I really like Colorado and doubt I'll ever move from here.

Welcome from a native West Texan now living in Oklahoma. You'll love this forum and the service you get from George and his staff. Look forward to hearing from your experiences.

Welcome.
I'm closer to the Alamo and used to do all of my wine kit business in your area. After getting an unnecessary run-around I switched to doing business with George. I've been to the Toy Store several times -- its worth the trip!

Wayne

hello TEXAS,from new jersey,there seems to be enough of wino,s down there to either start a club or make Georges events bigger,welcome aboard.............
smiley9.gif

Welcome! I'm up in the Dallas area and can definately say that I LOVE being able to stop by the shop if I need to. Just knowing I can makes me feel more secure in my winemaking (I am just about to bottle my very first kit!) Sounds like you have a great year planned. Maybe I'll bump into buying more carboys! (I need a few more too!!!)

Welcome all of you Texans!!! It has certainly been a while since I've been around here to meet everyone. Good to see you here, I'm in Houston!!

Latest posts

Back