am i the only single winemaker

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just celebrated our 52nd anniversary. We're both 72 and went together in high school. I've been making wine in Costa Rica for 5 years.

I normally dont speak of this but after about 3 hot toddies, i feel kinda fuzzy.
In my 20s i was engaged to one the most beautiful woman i have ever seen,
outdoorsy,artsy,down to earth, everything rolled up in one.
We had set a date to get married on Dec 24th. her grandmother was to ill to make the trip to Louisiana, and Debbie wanted to go see her before we were married, and get the wedding dress her mom wore.
Driving from La to New Mexico, late at night she hit some black ice and went right over the cliff......end of story.
If i would have married her...I know my whole life would have been different.
She by far was and only has been what you would say is a soul mate.

I normally dont speak of this but after about 3 hot toddies, i feel kinda fuzzy.
We had set a date to get married on Dec 24th. her grandmother was to ill to make the trip to Louisiana, and Debbie wanted to go see her before we were married, and get the wedding dress her mom wore.
Driving from La to New Mexico, late at night she hit some black ice and went right over the cliff......end of story.
Dang James that's tough!

Very sorry to hear that, James.

Sometimes there is only one soul mate per person. Sorry to hear that James.

jamesngalveston said:
I normally dont speak of this but after about 3 hot toddies, i feel kinda fuzzy. In my 20s i was engaged to one the most beautiful woman i have ever seen, outdoorsy,artsy,down to earth, everything rolled up in one. We had set a date to get married on Dec 24th. her grandmother was to ill to make the trip to Louisiana, and Debbie wanted to go see her before we were married, and get the wedding dress her mom wore. Driving from La to New Mexico, late at night she hit some black ice and went right over the cliff......end of story. If i would have married her...I know my whole life would have been different. She by far was and only has been what you would say is a soul mate.

Oh gosh James... That's terrible so sorry to hear that. Really... We need to find you a missus! I'm sure there's another one out there - you just haven't found her yet!

James, you are the man. Thanks for the enlightenment, it's a true friend who will share his burden with those he cares about.

BC

Wow!
I did the math 3 times on that one.
All I can say is at the age you were dating, I was still eating paste!
I met my wife the day we started kindergarden, been together ever since. She told me in 3rd or 4th grade I didn't really have a choice, we were getting married when we graduated. Well the joke was on her, it was actually 3 weeks later.

I met my wife the day we started kindergarden, been together ever since. She told me in 3rd or 4th grade I didn't really have a choice, we were getting married when we graduated. Well the joke was on her, it was actually 3 weeks later.

Good for you -- you played hard to get and showed her who was boss. ;)

By the way, she said you were getting married "when you graduated" from what? Grammar school? :)

I'm 47 and single never married, never will be (I run to fast to get married), 1 dog and 1 cat. I drive thunderbird and and my sportster. 1 6 gal 3 5 gal 5 1 gal, been making wine 3 months.

And Elmer I still eat the Paste :)

Oh James, I'm so sorry for your loss. Peace, my friend.

Thanks for sharing James, that is soooo sad can't even imagine.

Hot toddies are good!!

James

That has got to be one of the saddest things I ever read. I am so sorry for your loss. It appears that she still lives on in your heart.

johnT.

Back