Age Win real fast? Anyone heard of this?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sammyk

Reaction score
http://www.winecellarexpress.com/

You don't have to wait years to enjoy the pleasure of perfectly aged wine ...
Wine Cellar Express...your
"wine cellar of the future" can now
add several years of flavor and balance
to your wine in only 30 minutes!

LOL! I heard about it but thought this has to be a joke of some kind.

and a magnet affects tannins .... how?

As an aside, magnets can also be used to soften water and improve gas milage in your car when attached to a carburetor. Personally I use magnets to search for gold.

Back on topic, if you want to age fast drink Thunderbird.

We sold these at our local wine store a few years back. Well, I should say we carried them - at $40 bucks each none were sold that I know. However, we had some customers that swore by them. One day, I put a bottle of young wine on one for a few hours and then tried it and I thought it tasted better than before but, hey, the mind does funny things!
I 'm a skeptic, but ... magnetic waves can do some pretty interesting things, I suppose...

We sold these at our local wine store a few years back. Well, I should say we carried them - at $40 bucks each none were sold that I know. However, we had some customers that swore by them. One day, I put a bottle of young wine on one for a few hours and then tried it and I thought it tasted better than before but, hey, the mind does funny things!
I 'm a skeptic, but ... magnetic waves can do some pretty interesting things, I suppose...

The electro magnetic spectrum does deliver TV and radio.

well we do use magnets to remove magnetic black sand from a gold pan when panning gold, and it makes finding the gold eazier to see, LOL

jim

It doesn't seen like its aging the wine rather just pulling down charged particles with the magnet (tannins are negatively charges particles and can be affected by magnets too)
and a magnet affects tannins .... how?

For checking what your wine may be like aged, a lot of places here in the Russian River will heat the wine for a few days to simulate around a year of aging. I haven't found anything on the internet yet but I will link something up when I find it.

(edit): Just wanted to add that if your skeptical if magnets do anything, pick up two very young Cabernet Sauv's that have harsh tannins and place one on an array of fairly well powered magnets (don't use a refrigerator magnet) and leave it overnight. You'll see that the one on the magnets has softened considerably. Also its not good to do this for all wines, well balanced red wine for instance, as it may tend to take something away from the mid-palette wine.

Last edited:
I have a friend that was giving one of these for his birthday:

http://www.wineaccessory.com/clef.htm

We played around with it a bit and it did seem to change the wine. We talked about doing a blind taste test with the same wine aged by the device for different levels of time. We haven't found the time to do it. Maybe this summer ...

I prefer using crystals.:)

Lets get 6 bottles of identical wine. Use the magnets on one of them, then do a blind tasting to see if you can pick the "treated" wine. I have $100 that says it's nothing but hokum.

Latest posts

Back