AAASTINKIE is HERE!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Angell Wine said:
Spoiling the grandkids. Thats your job ain't it Stinky.

Spoiling is not onlythe Grandparents job, It's their right. How else can you get even with you kids, for what they did when they were Teenagers? (At least that's what my Mom told me, laughing the whole time) Besides, it's just so much fun!
Dave (3 Spoiled Grandkids of my own)

It's snowin' here now!

20070214_125817_Feb_2007_snow_0.jpg

No, Stink...this is snow!

Snow.jpg

Being able to see this barn has always been an indicator of how bad it's snowing and blowing. If you can't see it, it's baaad! I can still see it!

Joan...am I missing something in the photos...I always have trouble with photos on this Forum....What barn???? I see a hedge....

Boy...you guys out East are hogging all the moisture...After last summer's drought and very little snow this winter we need moisture....Please...send us some snow!!!!

All we got in February has been cold...like another morning of -24*F today...a warming trend in store for us and flurries this weekend...

Guess...we take what God thinks we need...no complaint department 'Up-Stairs'

Joan, I see the barn-barely. I hear you about today, only we got ours late-and still are. Not quite 2 feet now, more expected overnight. The blizzard warnings are still in effect until sometime tomorrow or the next day. At 4:00 this afternoon visibility here was about 40 feet, and we live surrounded by trees where it doesn't blow as hard. 2 feet of fluffly powder and 40 mph winds don't mix well. I tried taking a picture but nothing showed up. I'll try again tomorrow if the winds die down some. Spending a quiet day home with the wife and kids-you aren't supposed to go out on the roads. I am the proud recipient of my son's cold/flu so not too much going on.
smiley11.gif

A BLIZZARD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 5 AM EST THURSDAY.

SNOWFALL TOTALS WILL RANGE FROM 8 TO 12 INCHES ALONG THE COAST AND 16 TO 24 INCHES IN THE MOUNTAINS AND FOOTHILLS THROUGH LATE TONIGHT. SLEET WILL MIX WITH THE SNOW AT TIMES NEAR THE COAST. A THUNDERSTORM IS ALSO POSSIBLE THIS EVENING.

POSSIBLE FIRE AND BRIMSTONE ALSO, CHANCE OF LOCUSTS AND TREE FROGS BY MORNING.
smiley29.gif

Sorry to hear you are sick. I have 2 kids, 1 goes to daycare and
school, the other just daycare. Its a vicious cycle here. From 1 kid to
another then my wife then me, then another cycle.

How'd you make out Frank with the snow? We ended up with about 24 -25 inches. That's what they officially measured a few miles away anyway(25.7 inches). I'm glad I got the drive plowed late yesterday because I couldn't start my tractor to do it this AM. Chill factor about -25 all night. I had it plugged in all night, but all I got were some white puffs this AM out of the diesel. My brother came up with his tractor this morning and blew the extra snow out we got last night so the wife could get out to work.

20070215_075413_100_2780_Medium.JPG

My poor little truck was fairly buried. I'm glad I moved it late yesterday or it would be buried till spring thaw.

20070215_075456_100_2778_Medium.JPG

We only wound up with 18", I worked last night, but don't work again
till Monday, so I was slacking today, all I did was, bottle 12 gallons
of American Light beer, fine and stablize a blueberry and piesporter
wine, brew 12 more gallons of American Light (I kinda like that
stuff!!) and made a batch of Franks famous Hot Maple BBQ sauce...."its
da bomb"

Had sunny blue skys today, 64 degrees. Like Angell said, this has been a long winter for Texas. I'm hoping that tonight is the last night I have to cover my plants, going to 34.
You guys really got it but you must be ready for spring after all that!!!

Frank, it's time for you to sit down, drink some brew and listen to some country and some western music
smiley2.gif

Apple, same to you slide a white into one of those drifts you'll be relaxing in no time.

Ramona

Cleveland got 2 feet in 16 hours last week. I got stuck with my car about 6 times. Helped about 13 cars out of some sort of drift/snow... (my car has been included in the 13).

3 more inches came down tonight. Plus, the arctic cold is really starting to bother me now.

The weather is supposed to break by wednesday. we finally will be in the UPPER 20's...

:S

Been in the plus teens today...near +30*F the next few days...NICE!!! after 3 weeks of below normal and many days didn't get above 0*F...kind of nice to get a break.

Put firewood in the furnace/wood room yesterday...enough that it might last the winter....if the weather stays warm.

Can't so anything about the weather but try to enjoy it and gather some memories....good or bad...

Joan said:
No, Stink...this is snow!

Snow.jpg

Being able to see this barn has always been an indicator of how bad it's snowing and blowing. If you can't see it, it's baaad! I can still see it!

NW Maybe this picture will "clear" things up! =)

Snow1-1.jpg

Edited by: Joan

AHHHHH!!!!!
I can see clearly now,
The snow is gone....

Looks like your snow might be around for awhile...guess that depends on your temperatures....

It's packed full of hay. It used to be a beautiful gambrel roofed barn but it burned to the ground many years ago. We used the foundation (it's a basement barn) and rebuilt with metal. I've never liked the replacement. It has no character, no wood, no beauty at all. :(

Back when I was a young one, you tell how much money people had by how big their barn was, Now it's how big the house is.

What is the hay used for? Horses, cows, sale to others? I lost my hay barn 6 years ago but it had only been used for other storage or laid empty for a few years. We had 3 snowtorms in less than a week in the middle of March that year that put down six feet of snow- and the barn roof. We couldn't get to it to clean the roof off-too much snow even for the snowmobiles. I never replaced the barn...

Back