A new Hoosier on board

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been lurking for quite some time, my Girl has been making kits with her mom for a few years and now that I am aboard we have expanded into fruits. Being I cannot ever leave well enough alone I needed to find out everything there is to know, and thats how I ended up here!! It does drive her a little crazy when I try to change the way "they always have done things" but thanks to everyone here we are turning out some very good wine!

As of now we have 2 kits bottled, 5 gals. each of Cherry, Blueberry, Apple Cider, & a Cab. Sav. kit, bulk aging................

Sounds like maybe you are getting hooked. This hobby can be habit forming.
Have you thought of adding some mead to your repertoire? I tried a friend's mead a few weeks ago and it was excellent. He had a straight mead and a berry mead. I liked the straight meed better.

Welcome to the forum. Have fun!

Welcome Harleyone. sounds like you have done some homework which was a good decision.

hello and welcome to the forum,

which harley are you riding?

Allie

Thanks everyone! Allie, I have a '10 Street Glide, Red Hot Sunglow, that pic was taken on our 3rd annual summer trip this year, we did 11 states in 11 days, and just under 3600 miles! My girl has a '03 Heritage and is right there with me!!!

Thanks everyone! Allie, I have a '10 Street Glide, Red Hot Sunglow, that pic was taken on our 3rd annual summer trip this year, we did 11 states in 11 days, and just under 3600 miles! My girl has a '03 Heritage and is right there with me!!!

which states did you ride through?

we need photos!

:pic

Allie

Hi there HarleyDavidOne... I'm from Michiana too, Elkhart to be exact. Glad to have a fellow Hoosier here.
Hey, we could do some wine swapping ;o)

Dani I am in Elkhart often, thats where we get our wine supplies!!! I live in Granger & have a small farm in Buchanan that I rent the house out & grow Blueberrys which now is for our wine!!!LOL

Ok the short story is...
We headed down to western Kent. & Tenn. to the "land between the lakes" headed east to south of Nashville, hit the "Loveless Cafe" and jumped on the Natchas Trace Parkway, took that thru Alabama, Missi., and to Louisiana where the trace ended, headed to Alexandria to have lunch with friends, tried to make it to Shreveport by day end but by a fluke stopped in Natchitoches and found this to be a awsome town. From there it was off to Shreveport and north to Texarkana, west to Texas, pulled a couple hours there and headed north up into Oklahoma and back east to Arkansas (again), then it was up to Hot Springs for a night and ended up meeting a group of locals that showed us the town sites that night and rounded up another bunch of bikes for the morning and went for a ride to way cool places that were not even on the map I had!!!! from there it was north again to Eureka Springs for the night, and then north & east into Missouri to see my girls grand kids for the day. Then we needed to get into Ill so we headed south of St. Louis until we could find a way across the mighty Miss, and headed north & east back home.................
On our trips, we know when we need to be back and have a list of things that sound fun to see, but we just go and end up wherever/whenever!!!!

p.s. I do not know how to add pictures????

p.s. I do not know how to add pictures????

When you hit 'reply' on here... up the top of your message reply screen there is a little picture of a paperclip, click that, and it will bring up a new box where you can browse your computer files for (suitable!) pics ( we're PG rated here folks!)....hehehe...

( I digress!)....anyway.. then upload them and close the box.. it'll add the photos.. alternatively you can create an album for yourself.. click on the 'all albums' words in the browny red writing line ..it's in the line which starts with the words 'User CP'.. if you haven't looked in there before.. there's a lot of photos of us all, already loaded.

Allie ;)

Latest posts

Back