A big hello from Northern Indiana!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaniJ323

Reaction score
If anyone ever told me before last year that I would be making wine I would have thought they were nuts!! I didn't even begin drinking it till then.

I've just started my first batch of Vitners Reserve Piesporter and I'm already thinking about my next...maybe a dry red or a sweet port? Too many choices!

When I was at the wine supply shop trying to decide what to buy for my first kit, the owner asked 'What kind do you drink?' Well, that is a hard question to answer, I drink it all. Now that it is summer I really enjoy sitting out on the patio with a chilled sweet white or fruit based wine, unless of course the hubby has a steak on the grill, then I want to eat it with a dry red.

The very first wine I enjoyed was Oliver's Honey Mead. I have vowed that my first non-kit wine will be a mead; although I've been reading a lot about something called Skeeter Pee? I had to Google it. Sounds fabulous and it's definitely on my 'to do list'. See what I mean? too many choices!!! I think I'm addicted ;0)

I am looking forward to sharing my experiences with you, just be prepared for lots of questions!! LOL

Hi Dani,

Welcome to winemakingtalk. Glad to have you here. When you start your next wine, keep the slurry and start the skeeter pee. You are gonna lov it.

Looking forward to hearing about your experiences.

Dani, welcome and thanks for joining. There's a lot to offer here and it's addictive. I now have carpul finger from typing so much :)

Browse the site and feel free to ask anything you need to know about wine making. There are many folks on here that are very helpful and friendly.

Driven thru Indiana many times it's a nice state. Would you like some of our pot holes?:tz

Welcome to our site and a wonderful hobby/addiction. Just so you know thw creator of Skeeter Pee is on this forum so how can you go wrong! We make it all here so have many many competent wine makers ready to answer just about any question you can have.

Latest posts

Back