50 lbs Scuppernong whats the recipe

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I may just do that Julie. They have moved me up to Jefferson County, Ohio and I may move accomadations up to Stubenville, OH which is only 39 mins from there. You aren't much further from what Map quest is telling me. I'll PM you as soon as I can find a weekend I'm not working.

Thanks for the hospitality offer. :r

Sounds like a plan.

I like the wild yeast idea

After talking to Sirs I too am attempting the wild yeast must.
I have just started 100# of red and bronze mixed.
It has made 18 gallons. I hop to get two 5 gallon secondary fermentation carboys out of it.
After 30 hours it has just started to take off.

I have noticed that using the wild yeast that it takes a little longer for an active fermentation. I also noticed that it is not as wild as a wine yeast is.
The two five gallon buckets of big reds gave me a total of 7 gallons after a hand press of the skins and pulp. I transfered it to a 5 gallon carboy and two 1 gallon jugs with airlocks. A quick check of the SG revealed a 1.066 which has dropped from 1.080 and 1.084. I mixed the two buckets together and the SG was the 1.066.
The one five gallon bucket of broze is still in the bucket and will be transfered to a carboy tomorrow.
The two five gallon buckets of nobels are still in the fridge and will hopefully make it until Saturday to get crushed and started.

I haven't had any fruit flys all year until I brought the grapes in and now they are out of control, lol. The wife is pissed, but I got the traps out and they are filling up fast.

we don't even mind the fruit flys as bad anymore its those damn stink bugs we can't stand they don't really bother you its just they are always there

I haven't had any fruit flys all year until I brought the grapes in and now they are out of control, lol. The wife is pissed, but I got the traps out and they are filling up fast.

I'll gladly deal with the fruit flys if Muscadine grapes come with them. I have them now in the cellar from the 8 buckets I've had down there starting in August. I'm sure after this weekend, I'll have even more.

Here is a link to my blog on this site. I know I have it set for no commits but you are welcome to make them here in this post.
The first 4 blogs are of the scuppernongs and big red muscadines. I am planning to start the Nobels tomorrow, as long as they are still good. I will post to my blog again once I get them going.
Enjoy

http://www.winemakingtalk.com/forum/blog.php?u=17686&blogcategoryid=1

Latest posts

Back