25 Reasons why alcohol should be served at work.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smurfe

Reaction score
25 Reasons why alcohol should be served at work.
<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
1. It's an incentive to show up.

2. It reduces stress.

3. It leads to more honest communications.

4. It reduces complaints about low pay.

5. It cuts down on time off because you can work with a hangover.

6. Employees tell management what they think, not what management wants to hear.

7. It helps save on heating costs in the winter.

8. It encourages carpooling.

9. Increase job satisfaction because if you have a bad job, you don't care.

10. It eliminates vacations because people would rather come to work.

11. It makes fellow employees look better.

12. It makes the cafeteria food taste better.

13. Bosses are more likely to hand out raises when they are wasted.

14. Salary negotiations are a lot more profitable.

15. Suddenly, burping during a meeting isn't so embarrassing.

16. Employees work later since there's no longer a need to relax at the bar.

17. It makes everyone more open with their ideas.

18. Everyone agrees they work better after they've had a couple of drinks.

19. Eliminates the need for employees to get drunk on their lunch break.

20. Increases the chance of seeing your boss naked.

21. It promotes foreign relations with the former Soviet Union.

22. The janitor's closet will finally have a use.

23. Employees no longer need coffee to sober up.

24. Sitting on the copy machine will no longer be seen as "gross."

25. Babbling and mumbling incoherently will be common language.

One more....You can tolerate your boss.
You can just come home and go directly to bed and get more rest. No waiting until you get home to crack open a bottle and spend valuable sleep time enjoying wine!!!...You've already enjoyed it and maybe get paid to do it.

Just a couple of more thoughts........

I'd be really relaxed by the time I got home from work, that's for sure. I could use the drive home to sober up, as long as my car pool buddy did the driving!

Would be fun to have several glasses of wine with your boss during work in front of the customers. :)

Might not be a good idea for people with jobs like mine though!
smiley18.gif

20081109_115944_me.jpg

If the housing market would pick back up, I could serve more wine while I work. If I make the walls crooked on the plans or curved roofs, etc. nobody would care. I could even screw up and make more money because the customers would just think it was designed that way.
smiley36.gif
smiley4.gif
Just don't forget to put a door or two in the house!

I hear ya there Rich. There isnt a normal stair being built now, just these crazy pce.s of wood that only an architect can dream up and they are crazy.

Actually I just realized I do serve alcohol at one of my jobs. While making wine, I periodically need to sample things. While I do have some instruments to perform tests, one of my most reliable tools is my tongue. To make it look more like a real sampling test, I do sometimes use a wine thief to pour a sample into a beaker. That way I can examine it for look,color, clarity, aromas and finally taste.

Wade, I love the guard on your saw! Is that OSHA approved? (It looks just like mine)

Barney I think Wade's is the clear acrylic kind- almost invisible- squint real hard after having three bottles of wine and it is easier to see. CAUTION- do not try to operate the saw after the three bottles of wine!

OH! I can shee it now!!! Can't fine the button to make thish dam thing run
Edited by: hannabarn

Have you seen the new smart saw? It actually senses something either too soft or the electrical pulse in your body and immediately stops the blade in an instance. We had a demonstration of it with a guy holding a hot dog and shoved it into the blade and it barely nicked it before the blade was stopped. I cant stand guards and find most of the time they are more dangerous then they do good. We have a few at work though that are the overhead with vacuum built in and they arent as bad but still hinder the push stick.

The only problem with the smart saw is that if activated it destroys the blade. Probably not too easy on the arbor, either. Nobody really needs all ten fingers.
smiley36.gif

Yeah, if saving you from loosing a finger or 2 then its worth it, but if activated for some false reason Id be ticked off!
smiley7.gif
As someone who has filleted 1 of my fingers on a table saw and almost lost the tip of another finger on a shaper over the last 20 years of woodworking Id like to replace the whole saw over going through the reconstructive surgery again.

Latest posts

Back