2018 Grape Season Underway

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Paul, have you bottled your 2017 SA Cab yet. I don't see you mentioned that one. My Sauv Blanc is clear as a bell I'm just waiting for some bottles to come in. I did enter this as well as the Norton Blend in the Winemaker Magazine competition. Can't wait to try the Pinotage. Mine all see to be coming along although they are all going through changes constantly but no real complaints. Don't know what yet but I also plan on bottling some around the September timeframe to make room for fall.

Bottled the SA 2017 cab sauv 11 months ago. Only two bottles left. Some of the sauv blanc had barrel exposure some didn't, what didn't go in the barrel took longer to clear. You will be tasting the Pinotage. Good luck with the wine comp. I still have a bottle or your Norton blend.

Five months have passed since we’ve seen a post in this threat.

Today I racked my OVZ and added some Cab Franc to the mix. Not a lot - a 375 ml in a 3 gal and a 750 ml in a 6 gal. I doubt it will do anything. But, a little color couldn’t hurt.

Back