2013 Missouri Valley Wine Competition

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will not be a le to attend this year. I was ther the last two years and plan on being there the following years

I was planning to go (and may still). However, I got a last-minute paper assigned that is due on Friday morning for a class that I'm taking, and it all depends on how much progress I'm able to make. Unfortunately I very well may need Thursday to finish it up.

The results will be posted on www.mvws.org on Friday.

Here are some stats for you

45.21% of all of the wines entered received a medal.
87.10% - 54 of the 62 people that submitted an entry received a medal.
43.55% - 27 of the 62 people that submitted an entry received an award.
50.00% of the people who received a medal also received an award.
3.46% of all entries received a gold medal for a total of 13 golds.
11.17% of all entries received a silver medal for a total of 42 silvers.
30.59% ofall entries received a bronze medal for a total of 115 bronzes.

Thanks for posting the percentages! I have no idea how my wines fared but it is nice to see that unlike some competitions or little league "everyone gets a trophy". The percentage breakdown looks quite fair and honest. I look forward to the notes and improving my wines for next year. :)

We are leaving from work at 3:30 it is over a 3 hour drive from here but we are excited about it! Hope to see those of you there.

Awesome! Two 1st place awards and two silver medals! Can't wait to see the notes and do a little decorating with the medals. Already working on my wines for next year. :)

I had a great time. Enjoyed lots of good wine and good company. –And got to take home my Gold medal and 3rd place in the Fruit Category for my Caramel Apple Wine.

Congrats to everyone who won!

Bob and Chris it was good to meet you.

As a reminder next year, list your favorite retailer such as Brew and Wine Supply (hint hint) on the entry form and if you win an award, I make every attempt to provide the gift certificate from that retailer.

There were many people who did not list a retailer.

Manda,
Are you going to enter your Caramel Apple Wine in Winemaker Mag?

I am going to put together some of my gold and silver winners in Winemaker Mag.

This was my first time entering a competition. I only sent in 2 bottles and guess what one got a bronze medal....... I'm HAPPY !!!!!!!!

BOB

Bob – I don’t think I will this year. I already sent my entries in (two wines). I may save a bottle and enter it next year. I know we are planning to remake this wine and tweak it a little to hopefully bring more of the apple forward. It is fun to experiment. I was looking though the pamphlet and you had some unique wines that got medals. The tomato sounds interesting and all the ports sound delicious.

Congrats to all!!!

Wish I could have made the meeting but I was out of town...

Got a few medals so anxious to get my results in the mail...

Bob - good to see you again! Maybe I'll be up at Cooper's Oak the next time you stop by.

Great to meet you and your husband, Amanda!

Fun group of people and a lot of fun (and wine) to be had. I enjoyed getting to take part in the little internal competition as well - that was a lot of fun!

Two medals for me, a bronze for my petite syrah and then a silver and 2nd best in class for my Apple/Pear Mead. I was also happy to see that the wine that beat me out was a sparkling, so top mead! Very fun. Too bad I made such a small batch of that one, will have to get to work on replicating/improving it immediately (and make a larger batch this time).

Good times. Thanks again Bob!

Way to go!! I got 2 bronze - apple spice and Vidal blanc (4th place) and silver for my strawberry peach

Back