2013 Loquat wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toddrod

Reaction score
I have my 2013 batch of Loquat wine fermenting away. This batch will be with 25lb fruit, some white grape concentrate and possible substitute some of the sugar with some honey.

I'll be picking from my brother's tree tomorrow if they are ripe enough. He says some are still yellow. Maybe I'll just get the orange ones and freeze them if I can't get at least as many as you got.

What is the season for loquats?
My father in law has a tree and had a heavy crop last year there in Texas. We were down there around Christmas and it was blooming, but now he says he has no fruit.

Found this on the web, "Season: Generally, the loquat tree blooms in the fall and fruits in early spring. However, in tropical climates, the tree may flower 2 or 3 times a year beginning in July and set fruit mainly from the second flowering. In Florida, ripening begins in February; in California, usually in April; in Israel, the crop ripens from March to May. In Brazil, the harvesting extends from May to October."

Back