Mosti Mondiale 2 Weeks & Not Cleared

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VinoAdept

Junior
Reaction score
I have a borolo kit and followed instructions to the letter. Today I checked for clarity, to which clouds persisted. Today is 2 weeks and a day that I cleared.

Should I wait another weeK?

Add more of something?

Be satisfied with cloudy wine?
smiley9.gif

What is the temp and was it degassed very well? What was the temp when yo degassed and what did you use to degas? What kit is this and was the fining agent frozen by any chance?

Edited by: wade

68 farenheit

Degassed with a drill sorbate & kmeta firt 24hours added fining agent degassed.

Pumped down

I said Borolo, sorry meant Amarone (All Juice) and I did a Borolo at the same time and the borolo is CLEARED and the Amarone is not.

The fining agent in my hands did not freeze. Before that Im not sure.

68 is a little cool for clearing with a fining agent. Try warming it up a little, say 72-74. Ive heard of a few people that had this problem and warmed it up and it cleared up. You could also give it more time and if that dont work try SuperKleer, it has never failed me.

Thanks, I think I'll let it go another 2 weeks and see what it does.

Thank you,
VA

Mosti products tend to clear very well. I would follow wade advice and warm it up a little. You probably still have a little gas left that is suspending the particles.

Funny, I just posted something simular. Try this as it worked for me. Add benonite again, stir the heck out of it, add clarifier according to the directions and stir the heck out of it again. Worked for me.

Two weeks is not enough time to panic and start remedial measures. Just give it another two to four weeks, and then reevaluate.

My Meglioli Riesling cleared nicely in 2 weeks at 65F (siligel and liquigel).Just give it more time.

I appreciatie everyone's input. Today, finally, the Barolo and the Amarone cleared. It took about 3 weeks and I would attribute this to the temperature as Wade initially questioned my temperature.

So, here's what happened. The clearing was started during that cold week when it snowed. The kitchen was about ≅ 68 degrees to that point but dipped during this time to ≅ 63-64 degrees, maybe lower.

The primary fermenters and carboys were kept in the kitchen with a temperture of ≅ 68 degrees during the primary/secondary fermentation processes. The fermentation went well and the SG's hit the levels in the specified time frames.

Once Secondary finished I racked it and waited an additional 30 days which was about 3 weeks ago, today. So I cleared it at this time.

When temperature was identified as an issue I moved the carboys into another room that was ≅ 72 degrees and it cleared this morning.

I do believe it would have cleared with out the move as the temperature seems to have extended the clearing time.

Latest posts

Back