RJ Spagnols 1 Year ago

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve_M

All things wine!
Reaction score
I pitched the yeast on this RJS Winery Series Amarone. It is staring at me, wanting to be opened. I am resisting the urge.
ImageUploadedByWine Making1452119517.265333.jpg
This was my first ever kit.
Steve

It's teetering on the edge of the table, drink it before it falls to a certain fate of never having pleased a palate!!!

And let us know how it is, it'll be inspiration for us to leave ours alone that long.

You went an entire year without popping one open??? That's control my friend...

One year! I can't believe that I did not open even one bottle myself? Everyone says that Amarone needs a solid 11/2 years minimum. It's going to have to wait little longer just as I was going to pop cork, work called.

Steve

ImageUploadedByWine Making1452294096.360564.jpg
Finally opened!
So this is my first kit I know an Amarone needs long cellar time. At just a year old I can taste how young it is. Maybe after sitting in glass for a bit.

Steve

My WS Amarone arrives tomorrow. Should kick it off on Sunday.

Decant yours, and enjoy it!!

I noticed today that the better Amarones in our State Store all seem to suggest letting them breathe for at least 30 minutes before enjoying. Maybe you need a bit longer since it is so young?

In fact it is improving as I let it breathe!
Really am liking it.

In fact it is improving as I let it breathe!
Really am liking it.

I'll open mine 4 hours before dinner and decant. Honestly, I think you could decant it for 8 hours and it will continue to get better the entire time.

Latest posts

Back