And now, for something completely different...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MinVin

Reaction score
...or not - just another self-introduction:

My name is John (aka MinVin) and I'm an alcoholician.

I hail from Western PA and have been making wine from "frozen" juice since the Spring of 2010. I've also made one box kit. I get juice from Luva Bella in Ohio which I've seen mentioned in the forums. So far, I have made the following varieties:

Carmenere
Gewurztraminer
Riesling
Cab Sav
Merlot
Chablis
Beaujolais
Heron Bay Cab Sav/Merlot

I have the following in process:

Viognier
Syrah
Carmenere
Pinot Grigio

I keg most of my wine and bottle the bit that doesn't fit into the 5 Gal corny kegs.

My avatar may provide a hint to the astute observer about my chosen username and combines two of my interests. (Although I readily admit the pic overstates the reality.) Here is a bit more of that photo:
RaceMINI_avatar.jpg

I'm still very much a novice and look forward to learning from all of you!

Welcome aboard, neighbor. Do you race your Mini Cooper? That is a Mini, isn't it?

welcome, I'm sure you can find a lot of helpful info on here to help refine your hobby

Yes, it is a MINI. That one isn't mine, but the owners do race it. But my MINI has indeed seen more than a few laps at BeaveRun. :D

Hide-ho!!

Welcome...stumbled upon this place myself the last week...super cool reading!!

Cheers!!

John welcome to the party. Evan though it's a bit of a trip for me I also buy my juice from Luva Bella's. Fill free to ask questions any time. This is a great forum with a wide diverse group of folks from all over the world including NW PA. Oh Yeah did I tell you NW PA rules!!!! LOL

Welcome to winemakingtalk, MinVin, I love it when another Western PA'er joins the forum.

You are not that far from me, I live in Saxonburg. I will be having the annual Western PA wine party, aka stranger danger party, on July 9th. It would be great if you can make it. Dan (runningwolf) will probably be having a party every month starting in June, he is in Edinboro. Doug (FFemt128) is having a party on May 14th and he is in Pittsburgh.

We, also, try to get together for a lunch/brunch once in awhile. Which we need to do, it has been a long time since we have done this. Who is in for a brunch at Iron Bridge?

Again, glad you signed up and looking forward to meeting you in person.

Welcome to winemakingtalk, MinVin, I love it when another Western PA'er joins the forum.

You are not that far from me, I live in Saxonburg. I will be having the annual Western PA wine party, aka stranger danger party, on July 9th. It would be great if you can make it. Dan (runningwolf) will probably be having a party every month starting in June, he is in Edinboro. Doug (FFemt128) is having a party on May 14th and he is in Pittsburgh.

We, also, try to get together for a lunch/brunch once in awhile. Which we need to do, it has been a long time since we have done this. Who is in for a brunch at Iron Bridge?

Again, glad you signed up and looking forward to meeting you in person.

Mine is May 15. You're welcome to attend, see the thread in the general discussion.

Latest posts

Back