Zombie blood

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yakhunter

Reaction score
:rdo I have a weird thing going on with my Malbec.

I made it from fresh juice in 2012 and as a rookie, added sorbate to it after it had gone through MLB. I know better now.

I have been drinking it right along as I know it is doomed to turn into geranium juice (that is why my wife named it zombie pee). It still tastes pretty darn good, but when I pour it, I get this weird film on it.

I do not believe it fermented in the bottle at all since it sat for about 9 months before hand AND I added sorb ate. Still, it looks like teeny tiny bubbles. Is this a byproduct of the Sorbic acid thing happening? Or could it be something funky with the bottles that I washed?

I will attempt to attach some pics...

I have seem similar results when I used a cheap wine kits. I am not saying that your kit is cheap just that I have seen the same thing. It is my opinion that it is due to the fact that it is derived from a very concentrated juice. Have you tried the kit again to see if you get the same results?

Back