First time winemaking - typical rotten egg problem

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No one has responded to this last post? Yikes, that looks concerning to me. I have no experience with Reduless, yet, but I will be treating my OVZ with it as soon as it arrives from MoreWine on Monday.
Anyone?

I've never used reduless but it looks like it is easier to dose small batches of wine without overdosing with copper. No idea if or how it could cause the deposit you found.

I use carefully measured volumes of copper sulfate if needed

I've only had to use reduless once and I don't recall having a deposit like that at the bottom. I wonder if it has something to do with how you added it? I seem to recall that I mixed the reduless into water and then poured the mixture into my carboy, stirred more, and as I recall, I stirred like I would have to attempt to degass the wine. It wasn't no gentle stirring. I am guessing, but, who knows.

Treat with Potassium metabisulfite to kill any bacteria, and then copper sulphate. Get yourself a drill stirrer, its an attachment like a paint stirrer, but fits though the neck of a Carboy. Attach to drill a(Variable drill), but keep an eye on how fast you go as you don't want it to overflow. That would give the wine a good beating. Rack after 2 weeks.

Back