Yeast

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ramrod2021

Junior
Reaction score
Ok folks i got one. Every time a make a batch of wine or beer i put my yeast in warm water and it always looks like milk.it never looks foamy like the ones on YouTube.what tha hay? Does anyone know what i can do to improve?ok full story my muscadine wine came out good and strawberry and peach wine er percolating like the train that could.but still i caint get that darn yeast to act right.

use go-ferm to hydrate yeast also check water temp start with water at 110F add go ferm cool to 106F add yeast. dosage 20ml water for each gallon of finished wine, 1.25 grams go-ferm per gallon and yeast at 1 gram per gallon

Another possibility is to simply add your yeast to a cup of the liquid you are intending the yeast to ferment. If that is 1) not too much loaded with sugar (a specific gravity in the stratosphere) and 2) to which you have NOT added lab manufactued nutrients (which should only be added after the yeast has begun to ferment) then you are getting the yeast familiar with the environment of the must in which they will be spending the next few weeks replacing the sugars with CO2 and alcohol. Others, as Winemaker81 does, might add a small amount of sugar to water while still others pitch their yeast in a glass of orange juice which they will then add to their must once the yeast have become active

Latest posts

Back