Xmas Dinner

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masta

Reaction score
I can't wait for Xmas dinner this year since the wife and I are really kick'in it up a notch. What is everyone else having?

Our menu:

Appetizers<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

· Crab Dip / Crackers
· Asparagus wrapped with Prosciutto
· Olives / Cheese / Soupy / Pepperoni

Dinner

· Mixed Greens Salad with Glazed Pecans, Dried Cranberry, Red Onion, Gorgonzola with Raspberry Vinaigrette
· Filet Mignon With Jumbo Shrimp Scampi
· Garlic Mashed Potatoes with Mushroom Gravy
· Fresh Green Beans with Garlic and Almonds
· Crusty Rolls and Butter

Dessert

· Lava Cake with Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
· Xmas Cookies
· Biscotti

Pretty Traditional here.

Appetizers - Crackers and cheeses, veggies and dips, olives and relish tray.

Dinner - Tuirkey n stuffing w gravy, Spiral cut Ham,
Mashed potatoes and turnip, Candied Sweet potatoes, peas and pearl
onions, green bean casserole, plain and wheat rolls w butter, cranberry
sauce.

Dessert - Tiramisu, Canolis, and puffed pastry

We do about the same here as Wade does, except we do ours on Christmas eve with our guest and many kids............. Well......... Actually we are the kids...... the kids are..... well............ better behaved.....
We started doing this many years ago so that we don't have to spend Xmas day cooking and cleaning. We open presents and play all day, getting out of ones PJ's is optional and when you get hungry, go grab some left overs....... and use paper plates.. no messes to clean up.

Good Idea Jobe. Cant wait for leftover Turkey Sangwitches I mean Sandwitches, sorry Sang!

1. <LI>Fajitas</LI>
    <LI>BBQ taco's</LI>
    <LI>Black beans</LI>
    <LI>Spanish rice</LI>
    <LI>chips &amp; hot sauce</LI>

Really folks, this is what we're having.

Masta....I want to make a reseravation!

Here is my menu

Well, it is kind of a Chrlistmas Eve continued into Christmas day
Christmas Eve: Ham, Potato Salad, Shrimp cocktail, Quiche appitizers, chicken hotwings, Meatballs, Chicken salad, various crackers and breads,Cheeses, veggies, deviled eggs, bacon wrapped fresh pineapple, strawberries dipped in chocolate,spinach dip in a bread bowl.

Christmas Day: Prime rib, baked potatoes, green beans almandine, any veggies left from Xmas eve cooked, chocolate swirl pumpkin cheese cake.

Stags Leap District Cabernet for dinner.
glas.gif

Various alcohols and wines Christmas eve.

Ramona

Edited by: rgecaprock

Breakfast is a Sausage, Egg, Biscuit caserole.

Lunch is:

Turkey
Spiral Ham
Cornbread Dressing
Giblet Gravy
Green Beans
Home made rolls
Cranberry Sauce

Desert is sweet potato pie and Red Velvet Cake. The cake is really my daughters birthday cake. She will be 18 on Christmas Day.

Angell Wine said:
  1. Fajitas
  2. BBQ taco's
  3. Black beans
  4. Spanish rice
  5. chips &amp; hot sauce

Really folks, this is what we're having.

Feliz Navidad to you.

Ours too is pretty traditional:
Oven baked Turkey and Dressing
Various salads
Baked Yams
Corn, Green Beans, Asparagus for veggie dishes
Traditional Olives, Pickles, Stuffed Eggs, Celery Sticks Platter
But for dessert my pecan pies ( just fionished baking about 2am) win out everytime as the favorite.
pecanpie.jpg

And of course there will be a sampling of various wines.

Such a special gift to be born on Christmas Day! Yet as a mother of a daughter born on Christmas Eve, we have celebrated her birthday one year in July!

Prime Rib Roast (smoked on the grill for eight hours); Green Beans, Herbed biscuts, garlic mashed potatoes, baked/smoked beans,(also on the smoker grill), pumpkin pie, apple/rubarb/raspberry pie, veggie tray, chips and dip.

Of course a home made red wine.

We had the family get together yesterday at my Wife's sister's house. It was a lot of finger foods such as crab cakes, crab dip (real crab meat, not fake) Swedish meatballs, some other type of meatball I didn't know what it was.My Wife's world famous potato salad. Various cheese and vegetabledips, tons of cookies and deserts.A fantastic home made lasagna her Dad made.We fried 3 turkeys and 2 pork tenderloins as well. One spicy and one regular of each. Well, 2 spicy, injected turkeys I guess. There was a ton of other stuff as well.

Today is "Christmas Day" here as the step kids go to their Dad's tonightand we are preparing a big pot of Chicken Gumbo as I type. That will engorge us for a few days. We will make a turkey gumbo with left over turkey as well in a few days so we will be enjoying gumbo all week it sounds like which is fine by me. Going to try to get the wife to make me a seafood gumbo with crab, shrimp and oysters in it. Yum Yum Yum. BTW, in about a month or so, crawfish are back in season!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smurfe
smiley1.gif

CRAWFISH WINE!!!!!
smiley3.gif
smiley5.gif
smiley11.gif

<?:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:stockticker>ABV</st1:stockticker> Will take on a whole new meaning:
<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
Another Bayou VentedEdited by: jobe05

jobe05 said:
CRAWFISH WINE!!!!!
smiley3.gif
smiley5.gif
smiley11.gif

<?:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><ST1:STOCKTICKER>ABV</ST1:STOCKTICKER> Will take on a whole new meaning:
<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>
Another Bayou Vented

Would be more like Another Bayou Venture! I can't wait. MMMMMM, crawfish. That was the first thing I learned to cook when I moved here. It is a true culinary art to boil them properly. No wine made out of crawfish though, that would be a sin and a waste of good crawfish. I don't even like dishes made with crawfish. They are made to be boiled, suck them heads and eat them tails!There are many wines that pair well with them though. A chilledGewürztraminer goes quite well!

Smurfe
smiley1.gif

They sound good. I used to catch them with my father at a creek in
Washington Ct. We would cut the top off a plastic milk jug and put it
in back off the crawdad and just put your hand in front and scare them
in. We would gather up a five gallon bucket each to see who could fill
it up the fastest and then, dont read this part smurf, but dump them
back in the river.

It is just going to be the two of us this year. First time ever
with out any family. The kids have all gone in different
directions this year. We are going to have a traditional roast
turkey dinner.

Hope you all have a very tasty Christmas dinner.

Tom

Tfries: How is it? No Kids?........... Thats mine and my wifes biggest fear...... an emty house. 2 have 2 daughters and 2 sons, when the first daughter moved out, and it was the second daughters turn to leave the nest, we figured it was going to be the last xmas we were all going to be together so my wife and I went all out on the kids, we spent thousands of dollars. The living room was so full, you could not walk anywhere in it, to get in you had to jump over the back of the couch, then over to the other chairs. We started opening at 5 am and didn't finish till after 5 pm, only stopping for breakfast, which took about 45 minutes.

Apparently, that year was such a hit with the kids, that this has become the xmas spot to be. So what we thought was going to be our last xmas with all the kids, actually started us having xmas with all the kids.

We try to find a couple of young kids every year to donate some presents. We usually do it anonymously by breaking into their house when they go to the store, leave the gifts on the front porch or in their car in the middle of the night, with a note tacked to their front door, and as always, signed Santa. It really fills ones heart to see and to know that you have put joy in someones life.

Latest posts

Back