WWWAAAAAAHHHHHHH

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paubin

Reaction score
Well Ijust got my new filter from George yesterday and tonight my wife just told me I cant open it because it's for Christmas.
smiley19.gif
smiley19.gif
smiley19.gif
smiley19.gif
smiley5.gif
smiley5.gif
Well I guess I'll be bulk aging for a couple more weeks

Pete

That hurts, a new toy and you cant play with it. I bet youll be up all night on Christmas Eve.

Unfortunetly we dont do Christmas eve opening. Only Christmas morning. Maybe someone out there has a foolproof way of convincing their spouse that Christmas can come early in special cases
smiley2.gif

Pete

That would be easy in my house... I already opened one of my gifts because my wife forced it on me! She can't handle having gifts under the tree... she gets too excited. In September I opened birthday gifts a week before the date because she couldn't wait.

Pete, what does waldo say: "Don't worry about the world ending today, it is already tomorrow in Australia! Today is tomorrow! Maybe you can use this to your advantage!

Well, sometimes a gift can come early here. I have one being delivered to me tomorrow that I get to open immediately. My wife said she wouldn't wrap a 35"x22"x18" box that weighs 235 lbs. I'll just have to deal with it. (It's a new tablesaw. I burned up the old one making furniture for her. Next project - converting a closet into a wine cellar. Phase 1 ~ 120 bottle capacity.)

I too am in the thought process of making my closet into a wine cellar. I'm just not for sure how to go about it, and what I need to do. I know this could be a really sharp wine cooler if I just think about it.Here is a picture of the closet. It has two doors that are not in the picture.

20061209_054933_wine_closet_Sma.jpg

That looks like a great place to store your wines, you'll have fun fixing it up.Be sure the floor is strong enough to hold those carboys tho!!!

PeterZ said:
Well, sometimes a gift can come early here. I have
one being delivered to me tomorrow that I get to open
immediately. My wife said she wouldn't wrap a 35"x22"x18" box
that weighs 235 lbs. I'll just have to deal with it. (It's
a new tablesaw. I burned up the old one making furniture for
her. Next project - converting a closet into a wine cellar.
Phase 1 ~ 120 bottle capacity.)

Is it a Dewalt? Thats what I have and theyre the best Contractor
saw you can buy with the rack n pinion fence so that it is always
square to the blade.

Thanks Northern Winos! After I read that I quickly went and checked the thickness of the wooden floor. I guess I never thought about all the weight!

We have been going with a friend to antique shops looking at old wardrobes like that one, so am familiar that they just have thin wood on the floors...Think if you put a layer of plywood, or some boards in there it would distribute the weight and you could put some weight in there....Those carboys are heavy...
smiley3.gif

If you put wine racks in there, keep most of the weight on the bottom shelves so it won't be top heavy...or tilt it back a bit againsit the wall..or fasten it to the wall....guess I am just a 'worry wart'.

What's cookin' in the carboys?????

Send a photo of the whole wardrobe...I love those units.
smiley27.gif
Edited by: Northern Winos

Is it deep anuff for a wine frig? jump up above it andput your carboys on one sideand on the other set up your racks ?

I thought that I could possible put some kind of cooling unitin the top shelf. The door to the left will be taken out and closed up. But, like I said it is still in the thought process. Once I can figure how to!? Then I can get start!

20061210_120352_IMG_0102_Small.JPG
Edited by: jsmahoney

Northern Winos the carboys contain: Boysenberry, Shiraz, Pinot Noir, Raspberry, Grape/apple. Waiting for Santa to bring more carboys. So I can begin some more. The 6 gallon Shiraz is bulk aging now, but thinking about bottling it before the end of the year. So, I can start up another.

Nice Armoire...keep us post on your conversion progress...and the progress of those wines... Did you grow or pick some of those fruits????
smiley4.gif
Edited by: Northern Winos

wadewade said:
PeterZ said:
Well, sometimes a gift can come early here. I have
one being delivered to me tomorrow that I get to open
immediately. My wife said she wouldn't wrap a 35"x22"x18" box
that weighs 235 lbs. I'll just have to deal with it. (It's
a new tablesaw. I burned up the old one making furniture for
her. Next project - converting a closet into a wine cellar.
Phase 1 ~ 120 bottle capacity.)

Is it a Dewalt? Thats what I have and theyre the best Contractor
saw you can buy with the rack n pinion fence so that it is always
square to the blade.

Grizzly G0525 - left tilt 1.5 hp. It is on a wheeled base with drawers and dust collection I built for the old Delta 1 hp direct drive. I think I have to buy beefier casters - the new saw weighs ~100 lbs more! The fence is a Shop Fox.

Cool, I have a grizzly 3 hp shaper I bough in February. I like theyre tools. I want to get a powerfeeder for it next.

Edited by: wadewade

Latest posts

Back