WineXpert World vineyard Cali moscato

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimmyT

Reaction score
Just picked up one of these kits and was wondering what tweaks everyone is doing to this kit. I'll be starting this kit and another one before the new year.

Up front, add 32 ounces of sugar as a simple syrup. Starting SG should then be about 1.079. It should ferment to 0.990. Add the entire finishing pack at the end and add 3 1/2 ounces of Everclear. This should be close to 11.5% ABV. Have made 2 kits like this. Excellent at the 1 year mark. Even with the additional ABV it is still plenty sweet.

We've done this kit once about 6-8 months ago. Did it by the book with no changes that I can recall. I don't have my log book with me to check for sure. I seem to remember that the SG might have been low by .005 and that we may have added sugar to get it to 1.080 but I don't remember for sure. Anyway it turned out great. We bought another kit already because we didn't want to run out. Just haven't gotten around to starting it yet.

Sent from my iPad using Wine Making

Has anyone ever added raisins to this kit? Seems like I remember reading about doing that somewhere but I don't remember any of the details.

Sent from my iPad using Wine Making

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere on here that people have put raisins and extra tannins in. Don't remember if the said primary or secondary though. I've read so much stuff on here just trying to learn its hard to keep it all straight.

Latest posts

Back