wood

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rrawhide

Reaction score
This is what we did the last three days.

Wednesday 3 ofr us spent 8 hours splitting encupltyus wood. We figured that there was 4.5-5 cords of wood in that gigantic tree. So, 2 of us split the gold.

20110423_123740_April_2011_002.jpg

a friend from church had a gigantic tree dropped and gave us the wood

20110423_124149_April_2011_003.jpg

20110423_124701_April_2011.jpg

there is another stack bigger than this behind the barn

20110423_124253_April_2011_001.jpg

wood everywhere

Now I need a couple cords of olive wood and a cord of oak and i
should be set for next winter.

Glad that there is motrin!!!

rick

Im guessing that is supposed to be Eucalyptus? Hehehe, the spelling police are out in full force tonight!!

Wade said:
Im guessing that is supposed to be Eucalyptus? Hehehe, the spelling police are out in full force tonight!!

OMG of all people to be policing, aren't you at least going to tell him he has nice wood. LOL

I would love to have a fireplace or woodburner in my house.

I know, thats why I typed both hehehe and LOL. Finally somebody besides me forgot to hit the spell checker!
smiley36.gif

What's it smell like? Yea Dan OTHER than burned wood

Good catch Wade. I just put in some letters and WAS going to go back and hit the spell checker but did not!!!! Yup, can't get nothin' by the ol' Wade!!! Thanx for keeping us on our toes!!!!

rrawhide
smiley32.gif

I thought it was Ewe cow lipt us wood.

Nice bunch of wood. Is it straight grained and easy splitting or just downright knarly and twisted?

Does it smell as good burning as the oil does!

Nice score Rick

The best firewood we have is Pinon Pine. Puts out lots of heat and a wonderful smell as well

Not good BBQ wood however, too much pine sap.

Rich

We rented a 28 ton splitter and most of the time it went through just fine BUT several of them required the whole banana!!! And then it still had a hard time with a few of the logs. The tree was 6' diameter at the base and those rounds had to be chainsawed into at least 4-5 pieces to even move them. Glad that this exercise is over. Even in log size the pieces are very very heavy!!!

more later

rick

Back