WMT (Unofficial) Mist Wine Contest

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Come on guys, it only takes five minutes to clean and fill two bottles!!! You don't have to bottle the whole batch. Just two lousy bottles! Very little chance of any crud getting in the bottle, and the first couple of bottles off the top always taste better then the last couple:).
The prize of getting to judge the next contest is well worth your time to fill a few bottles:)

If I had any mist kit wine I would enter, but the only thing I have even remotly kit like is a vinters harvest canned plum wine. Not mist style either. Tweaked though!

Sent from my iPod touch using Wine Making

I could send you other IM's I've made. They have only been modified as to the amount of sugar, and f-pac amount.

Exotics Fruit White Zin

Blackberry Cab

I would like to have more, but that wouldn't be fair to the rest who entered one bottle. We would be happy to taste and grade them for fun though. Ha

I can still wait if some think they can bottle and send it within the next few weeks.

I'm with Rod. I'm in no hurry, if people need some more time. The wine's not going anywhere.

I'll just go make some more! :r

Lol and I thought I missed the deadline! :b and also do we send only to one address? And is there a limit to entries?

Last edited:
Lol and I thought I missed the deadline! :b and also do we send only to one address? And is there a limit to entries?

You will send one bottle to me and one to Dave. We sent pm's to everyone who we thought was in the competition. I'll resend my address to you. To make it fair to everyone, we can only take one entry and it needs to be a wine that was started around the time that we started this competition. I know these mist wines don't improve much with aging, but we want it to be as fair as we can make it.

If anyone still needs my address, just let me know. Entries are still being accepted! :dg

Finally had some time in the cellar. I am not happy with this kit and will not be sending it out. I am not sure what happened. I did oak it not sure if I left it to long or not. Hoping it mellows with some time. Sorry. On the bright side my wild Black Raspberry is awesome and will be excellent come this summer.

Island mist contest

OKAY guys will this ever come to a end???? this is a bit much now don't you think?????

I think Joe is getting a bit antsy. It seems these little contests have about run their course, at least for me. I thought the choice of Mist wine would make for a lot of entries. But after nearly six months, we only have four entries. I think our first one only had, like three, didn't it!

With Rod's agreement, I think we should wrap this up the first of April. Rod?

Sounds good to me. We will be tasting and judging the first weekend in April. If anyone else wants in, send your wine before that weekend.

Just a heads up, that's Easter weekend. Might be good or bad depending on your religion, lol.

Might as well start judging. Everyone that wanted to had more than enough time to get there entries in.

After aging some mine has become overly sweet

Thanks for the heads up about it being Easter weekend. I'm Baptist and I don't drink to get drunk, so it really didn't matter, but I contacted my tasters and agreed on this Saturday evening. My judging will take place on 3/28/15. I will have 4 tasters to judge. I will be tasting also, but I will not judge. I look forward to tasting your wines. Good Luck!

Just a heads up, that's Easter weekend. Might be good or bad depending on your religion, lol.

I'm an atheist, so I don't have a religion, but I understand and respect that others feel differently.

Depending on the weather, I may have several tasters, or just me and Johnna.

Regardless, we promise to give all of your wines the attention they deserve. :try

Shooting for the 28th to coordinate with Rod.

Results are in on my tasting. I'll send a pm to Dave with the results. It was a tie between the first two and they had to go back and rejudge. The tasters enjoyed all of your wines. Thanks for your participation!

Last edited:
Back