WineXpert winexpert winery series black raspberry merlot

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frosti

Reaction score
Special order for this from my lhbs in the impression this was a 6 gallon kit.

What boggles me. Got 2 boxes...1 with 15 liters of juice. Another with 4. Fpacks. 4 yeast and add packs
Seems like a lot for 6 gallons. And only paied 44 bucks for it....how do I make this? Only set up for 6 gallon batches at a time

Well I'm confused too. Winery Series is a RJ Spagnols Cellar Classic brand name NOT Winexpert.

Black Raspberry Merlot is a mist-style wine from Winexpert's Island Mist brand.

Can you post a picture or two of what you received?

Steve

I made that same mist kit, Black Raspberry Merlot and we love it. It is one of our favorites and I am thinking of making a 2nd one. I did add enough sugar to bring the SG up to 1.085 and used the entire f-pack. We did left it age for 4 to 6 weeks after bottling and it is very nice.

From what I am seeing in your photos looks like they shipped you too much because there should be 1 juice pack, 1f-pack, 1 yeast, 1 kemeta, 1 sorbate and 2 packages for clearing, and 1 pack of bentonite.

If you ordered 2 kits then everything would be doubled.

Hope that helps.

I don't think this is a regular Island Mist kit. Considering the instructions say it is designed to make over 24 gallons...my immediate thought is that maybe this is intended for wineries that make kit wines and sell them, though the package does say not for resell (that could refer strictly to the starting materials and not the finished product). Very strange. I highly doubt there are many individuals out there who would want to make ~120 bottles of this kind of wine at once. Probably more interesting is the fact you paid relatively so little for it.

I'm not sure how much concentrate comes in a regular Island mist kit, but it could very well be that you could divide that they gave you into 4 batches.

I had a hard time reading the labels on the packages (bad vision problems) so now I tend to agree with Southern Chemist and I think you may have just gotten the wrong box and would just consider it a bonus.

I would buy it from you if you choose to sell it because I would make that much because we do indeed like it.

its a bad picture....4 gallons of concentrate so im assuming 1 gallon for a 6 gallon batch, seems a little weak to me for just 1 batch. im not sure on the island mist kits, havent made one myself.

ah ha...looking at the box with the f packs did say not for resale, i beleive your right southernchemist

IMG_20130302_100126.jpg

Special order for this from my lhbs in the impression this was a 6 gallon kit.

What boggles me. Got 2 boxes...1 with 15 liters of juice. Another with 4. Fpacks. 4 yeast and add packs
Seems like a lot for 6 gallons. And only paied 44 bucks for it....how do I make this? Only set up for 6 gallon batches at a time

If this is what you are getting from your lhbs send me their name and address, because for that price for what you got,,,I want a couple!!!

Latest posts

Back