RJ Spagnols Winery Series Super Tuscan.. ahhh.. yum...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phat

Phacilitator of Basement Phermentation.
Reaction score
So, just racked my Super Tuscan from stabilizing to bulk age.. - I did it with all the kit oak in the primary, and figured I'd wait till now to see if I wanted anymore in it. Stole some out in the thief and like *wow*.. for a wine that is only about 6 weeks old it's pretty darn good right now. I am therefore resisting my temptation to mess with it and have mererly topped it up and am now proceeding to hide it in the cellar where hopefully I will not get into it too early..

I wasn't thinking this kit would be an early drinker (for a red) but right now it sure tastes like it might be.. What's others experience been like with it?

Phat, I made the same kit last May and I now have about half the batch (14 bottles) remaining. It is a really great wine, certainly one of my favorites. I have to hide about 6 bottles to see what they would be like after, say, two years. In my experience, it was an early drinker but that is mostly my inability (and reluctance) to wait. I think in general, the RJS Winery Series is the best value (i.e. what you get for what you pay) on the market.

I have one of these badboys waiting at home for me. The countdown is on, 3 more days and I'll be able to start it in primary. I have no experience with this kit but I chose it after extensive research on reviews from this forum and others. From what I have read I don't think we can go wrong with it!

Yeah these Winery series taste pretty good pretty early but dont let that trick into drinking it all early! This stuff wil continue to get way better until it hits about the 18 month mark so please dont deprive yourself from letting it get as good as it can!!!!

My super tuscan is coming up on one year since starting this kit. Looks like I will be makn pasta soon!

Have you tried it yet or have you been a good boy? Its time to crack one open! It will get a little better still but it will be damn good right now!

dont let that trick into drinking it all early! This stuff wil continue to get way better until it hits about the 18 month mark

+1

I was actually a little disappointed when I first tried mine around 4 months but found it benefited immensely from a few extra months of age. I know this is almost always true but I found it especially so in this case.

Been a year on mine and just bottled after bulk aging and man this stuff is GOOOD!!, I couldn't stop drinking the split I had left over. gonna be ordering another for sure!

I am at month 7 of aging mine. I've told myself I am not bottling until it's at least 12 months aged in the carboy.

I am at month 7 of aging mine. I've told myself I am not bottling until it's at least 12 months aged in the carboy.

I wanted to wait, I really did, but I had to produce something for the CFO - I bottled my battonage chardonnay, and picking of the 5 carboys I had aging, this one was best - so it can age the rest of the way in the bottle, although it's pretty darn good now. I will most certainly be making another of these.

The sacrifices we must make so the CFO stops complaining about the wine store transactions :)

rossotoscana.jpg

Latest posts

Back