RJ Spagnols Winery Series Australian Meritage

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kat50496

Reaction score
Anyone made this one? I have some friends that, believe it or not, are somewhat impressed with my wine making capabilities. They want to share the experience by making a "big red" together. This is one that I was thinking of anyway, and just wondering how it turned out. Thanks

I won a silver medal with this kit two years ago in the Wine Maker Magazine show. It is one of my full bodied favorites.

The Meritage is a typical Bordeaux style blend using Cabernet Sauvignon, merlot and cabernet franc grapes. This kit is from Australia however so the tanins are not as prevalent as a french bordeaux red and it has a beautiful rich quality to it. It is one of my favorite reds and I have just entered a bottle of it for this years wine making competition. We will see what the judges think.

I just bought this kit hoping it would be a good one. It sounds like it was a good choice. I hope to get it fermenting in the next couple of weeks. I need to bottle two kits to free up some carboys before I start it.

Latest posts

Back