WinePress.US Part Deux

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wade...my apologies..and i am ok w whatever your thoughts are...i just felt the need to comment on the post that questioned people here that commented on WP.....just did not want the other place to seem better for illegitimate reasons...WP is terrific for many great reasons....but it does have a pimple or two.....as do i :)

I did not aim that to you or anyone in particular, I just dont want anyone to say the words. We all know how each of us feels, some good some bad some indifferent. As my Mom would say, if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all. Oh and by the way rawlus, they did say stuff about the "Other forums" when they first came back on line the first time and said other forums were a joke!!!!!!!! I read it with my own 2 eyes and asked a few members who in particular and then the site went back down and then it just got buried and I couldnt find it again.

AHA!

I knew there was a post somewhere about signatures.. ( no wonder I couldn't find what you were all talking about).

My two cents is that I prefer this winemaking website.. mainly due to doing searches and ending up reading through screeds of flaming and self important claptrap to get the information I need.. There really are some people in this world, that should sit on their hands more and type less.

( and that applies to non winemaking forums too )

I like to believe people come to our site and join, after noting the general lack of drama here.

Allie

( just my own personal opinion, your mileage may differ)

AHA!

I knew there was a post somewhere about signatures.. ( no wonder I couldn't find what you were all talking about).

My two cents is that I prefer this winemaking website.. mainly due to doing searches and ending up reading through screeds of flaming and self important claptrap to get the information I need.. There really are some people in this world, that should sit on their hands more and type less.

( and that applies to non winemaking forums too )

I like to believe people come to our site and join, after noting the general lack of drama here.

Allie

( just my own personal opinion, your mileage may differ)

Thanks Allie,

That is why I came here, everyone here is very friendly.

I feel this site has become the watchdog of another site and I do not understand why. I am not the type to spend all my time watching my neighbor's house, I have enough going on in my own house and I think it should be that way here as well. Actually I could care less as to what is going on in my neighbor's house, it has nothing to do with me.

Julie

didnt mean to stir up more drama, im not privy to the contentious issues of the past between the sites... if snipes and remarks were happening on the other site about this place i would also speak up and share what im thinking. i am pretty active on both sites actually and i dont have a favorite... but i would universally say that comments on either site about the other are mostly non-productive and unrelated to winemaking.

didnt mean to stir up more drama, im not privy to the contentious issues of the past between the sites... if snipes and remarks were happening on the other site about this place i would also speak up and share what im thinking. i am pretty active on both sites actually and i dont have a favorite... but i would universally say that comments on either site about the other are mostly non-productive and unrelated to winemaking.

I agree with you.

Latest posts

Back