Quantcast

Wine & Spirit Education Trust

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

scubaman2151

Reaction score
Hey guys! It's been quite a while since I last posted on here and wanted to give you guys a brief update.
I enrolled and finished the foundation certificate of the Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET) today. The foundation course provides information to front of house staff about how wine is made, produced, served, and paired with food. The foundation certificate is a four week class that meets for 2 hours a week, with the last class consisting of a 30 multiple choice exam. The WSET is known for preparing individuals who wish to continue into the hospitality industry or if they plan on pursing a Masters of Wine.
I took the exam tonight and expect no problems with the results, but I will have to wait about three weeks to get those.

Scuba
You can view the website here: http://www.wsetglobal.com/

Tom

Reaction score
Congrats!

What do you plan on using this info for? Planning a carreer in wine?

Bert

Reaction score
Hey Scuba that's great, hope your winemaking background helps you out....the best of luck in what ever you wish to do...

Scott

Reaction score
Way to go, looks like a very interesting addition to your wine knowledge!

scubaman2151

Reaction score
The wine making background did help out quite a bit actually, but the instructor was able to give information about how the different types of oak impact how the wine will come out.
I am also going to be taking a bartending class this fall when I return to school to work toward the completion of my law degree, and hope to use both of these classes to find a job in a upscale restaurant.
Scuba

grapeman

Administrator
WMT Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
HHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMM....................
come one, come all. I can help you out with a nice meal and wine and take care of those pesky lawsuits all at one place.

Glad to see you scube.