Wine & Spirit Education Trust

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scubaman2151

Reaction score
Hey guys! It's been quite a while since I last posted on here and wanted to give you guys a brief update.
I enrolled and finished the foundation certificate of the Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET) today. The foundation course provides information to front of house staff about how wine is made, produced, served, and paired with food. The foundation certificate is a four week class that meets for 2 hours a week, with the last class consisting of a 30 multiple choice exam. The WSET is known for preparing individuals who wish to continue into the hospitality industry or if they plan on pursing a Masters of Wine.
I took the exam tonight and expect no problems with the results, but I will have to wait about three weeks to get those.
smiley19.gif

Scuba
You can view the website here: http://www.wsetglobal.com/

Congrats!

What do you plan on using this info for? Planning a carreer in wine?

Hey Scuba that's great, hope your winemaking background helps you out....the best of luck in what ever you wish to do...
smiley32.gif

Way to go, looks like a very interesting addition to your wine knowledge!

The wine making background did help out quite a bit actually, but the instructor was able to give information about how the different types of oak impact how the wine will come out.
I am also going to be taking a bartending class this fall when I return to school to work toward the completion of my law degree, and hope to use both of these classes to find a job in a upscale restaurant.
Scuba

HHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMM....................
come one, come all. I can help you out with a nice meal and wine and take care of those pesky lawsuits all at one place.

Glad to see you scube.

Latest posts

Back