Wine Room (with pics)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tcb54

Reaction score
Here are some photos of the room where I keep my wine during stabilization and after bottling. It is in the basement and stays fairly cool all of the time. A good friend of mine made this rack for me. He is currently finishing up another (smaller) version for me.
<DIV align=left>
<DIV align=left>Everyone here on the Forum is so great about sharing photos and information I wanted to share mine as well.
<DIV align=left>
<DIV align=left>
20080120_094356_ROOM_1.JPG

20080120_094501_ROOM_2.JPG

20080120_094927_ROOM_3.JPG

Edited by: tcb54

Great room tcb although judging by the # of carboys you have going I think your friend is going to have to build you a bigger rack, ot a smaller rack.

Great job there tcb. Looks like about another 200 bottles there for racks. I would be petrified to use that room for storage with the white carpet. As many messes as I make I'm greatful to have a concrete floor to work with.
Keep up the good work.

WOW!!!! Very impressive.

Is that a photo of you playing the guitar???
Nice gun collection too...What is the 'wall-hanger' above the gun case???

I generally do all my wine "work" in the downstairs kitchen, so the white carpet isn't an issue.

The guitar player is a buddy of mine, Doyle Dykes, a truly great guitarist.

The gun over the rack (the wall-hanger) is a 1954 Koreanrifle similar to a Mauser.

Thats great, wine to the left and firearms to the right. Lets get drunk and go blow someone away
smiley36.gif
smiley32.gif
!!!!!

Like driving, guns and alcohol do not mix...

You have to have a designated shooter.

Very nice wine room......great pictures....nice seeing all of your hobbies!!!!

Ramona

nice rack - I mean wine storage system - -

room sure shows well - - -

smiley32.gif

rrawhide

TCB54,
I noticed you have the carboys stacked infront of a door. Is that where all the GOOD stuff is stored
smiley2.gif

I'm sorry for not answering sooner, but I have been away for a while.

The racks are made so that they can be stacked. They need a dowel rod drilled into the top of one and the bottom of the other.

The door goes into the poker room. Now you have to use the other door to get in.

Fine looking wines. May I ask your recipe for the red you have there in the carboy?

DJ

mornin'
what are the dimensions for your racks?
thanx
rrawhide

need to build some more - this smiley looks like Wade building his stairs - wadda think?

Back