Quantcast

Wine Plate Filter for Commercial Winery or Home Wine Making

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

joeycannoli

Reaction score
Up for sale is a wine plate filter perfect for small wineries or your home operation. I recently purchased this filter as a package deal with other wine equipment, but it is a little overkill for my small production.

I believe this is either a Marchisio or an OMAC unit, but can't seem to find any indication on the unit. Item is in good shape. Only issue is the manual pressure bar has a piece cracked off the handle. Handle still operates fine. Comes with a box full of extras. Some of the specs can be found below. MoreWine sells this unit for nearly $1,700.

- 304 Stainless Steel Construction
- Two Casters for easy movement
- 20+ noryl plate (many extras)
- Built-in pressure gauge
- 1.5" Tri-Clamp inlet and outlet

Looking to get $600 for the unit or I will trade for Stainless Steel Variable Capacity Tanks (preferably Marchisio).

Located in Northwest, NJ. Please let me know if you have any questions.

IMG_7537.jpg
IMG_7539.jpg
IMG_7538.jpg IMG_7540.jpg

Last edited:

joeycannoli

Reaction score
If anyone is interested, please feel free to make an offer! Willing to ship at buyers expense.

DeChaunac

Bob
Reaction score
Thankx anyway. Where are you located? I just purchased 2-660 liter SS variable capacity tanks from a local dealer that are fantastic and 4-59 gallon French Oak barrels plus roto stands.Albrigi_resized.jpg AdourBarrels_resized.jpg

joeycannoli

Reaction score
I am in Warren County. I see you are in Buck's County... I have some good friends in Quakertown.

Those tanks look awesome! Very jealous. Are you starting your own operation or just a serious home winemaker?

DeChaunac

Bob
Reaction score
Just an over enthusiastic home winemaker. We've been making wine for over 40 years (tells you I'm old. dont'cha think?) In October we went to Fulkerson's off Lake Seneca and picked up 1 ton of DeChaunac grapes. Great place to buy grapes & juice. Saw your craftsmanship on the neighbors' wine cellar, very impressive indeed! One day we should swap some product. This year we did DeChaunac (obviously) and Seyval. I ferment to totally dry and keep sulfites to 25 ppm.
IMG_0466.JPG Baco Noir.jpg

stickman

Veteran Winemaker
Reaction score
I like the barrel stands with the rollers. Are they commercially available, is there a brand name etc.?

stickman

Veteran Winemaker
Reaction score
Thanks. I don't need any racks now, but they looked interesting and my internet search didn't turn up anything, so I thought I would ask.

DeChaunac

Bob
Reaction score
Greetings again JoeyC, being as you've sold your plate & frame filter how are you filtering now? I'm searching for a viable solution other than P & F or cartridge filtration.

Latest posts