Wine On Tap

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lenore

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I broke down and purchased the Wine On Tap for the Island Mist kits I made. Apricot/Peach Chard & Strawberry White Merlot. I couldn't find anything in the panel about the product so thought I would share my thoughts.

First I have to say that I really like both of these wines. I added sugar toboth to boost alcohol as I have for all of my Mist kits. Very tasty. Probably the best of the Island Mists that I have had.

So about the Wine On Tap...it was great, the bag was sanitized and ready to go. I just filled it up. It saved me from cleaning and using 1/3 of the bottles I usually would. I had one WineOnTap per wine. The first one I did not fill up all the way. The second one, I really filled it all the way up. It fits quite a bit of wine which saves quite a bit of time. It is a bit tricky to get all of the air out of the bag. I could not get it all out, but figured it doesn't matter to have a little air in the sealed bag. So now the wine is on the counter ready to go whenever the mood strikes. Hit the tap, fill the glass and cheers!!

I think more of these tap systems will be finding their way into my home. I wouldn't use them for the "fancier" wines, but I think it is great for the everyday table wines that we drink and I make.

Hope this helps,
Lenore

Long time no hear Lenore. I do not have one as Im kinda a fly by night
drinker and like a variety so I will open a different bottle almost all
the time. I am not a same wine drinker and must vary my batches to have
a variety.

Lenore,

I have the Strawberry White Merlot in secondary right now for my 27 year old daughter. I will be filling 2 Wine on Tap bags and bottling the rest. I might even put some in beer bottles, but I would have to get a capper and a supply of caps. I can pick that up from my LHBS on the spur of the moment if I decide to do that.

Latest posts

Back